5

Safe to say when Calum and Michael both brought up Ashton Luke felt horrible that he forgot to text him. There were just a million other things that he needed to do and it just slipped his mind.

After texting him though, that's when both Michael and Calum told him their run in with Ashton. That sparked major questions because like all friends, they just love to embarrass you.

After explaining the situation, Luke went on and on about how they scared the poor boy and that if he didn't know them he'd be scared too. But still, as stubborn people, they simply just said you're welcome with a smile knowing Luke was going to roll his eyes at them.

Luke would've eventually texted Ashton don't get him wrong, it just wouldn't have been as soon as it was. However, he can't be mad at his friends because they ended up talking non stop ever since, one time they even pulled an unintentional all nighter. It's been about a week and a half that they've been texting and Luke would say it's been going good, he's been getting to know Ashton. Like he's a high school senior, he can live with that. He goes to a high school about 20 minutes from where he lives and he likes books.

He also picked up on little things Ashton did, like if they're teasing each other and Luke makes fun of him, he'll just send a thumbs down. Or when he agrees with something he said he'll send one of these ':D'. At one point Luke made a bold move of calling him cute and his heart was racing real fast, to the point where he thought it was going to burst. But Ashton just sent a smiley face and a heart emoji with a following message saying Luke was cute too. They haven't made any plans yet to hang out but he's been meaning to ask. So hopefully they get to hang out soon.

Luke even suggested that he should come by after school as a joke of course, but Ashton replied with a sure along with an exclamation point.

"Luke, you've been staring at your phone all break. Why don't you go pee or something, your break is ending soon." Calum mentioned. "But if he goes pee he can't text Ashton." Michael laughed especially when he was flipped off.

"So things seem to be going good?" Calum asked his friend who seemed to be happier. "In my opinion yes, hopefully for him too." He bit his lip to prevent him from grinning too widely. "I'm happy for you. Really. It's about time you get a relationship anyways."

"We're not there yet."

"Yet."

Luke finished his break, sighing as he didn't want to continue working, but having the same shifts with both Michael and Calum most of the time made it more bearable. Honestly, his favorite thing to do was just be at the register, mostly because it just involves sitting around doing nothing, which makes Calum and Michael annoyed, so they scold him until he does something more productive.

So he checked the inventory seeing what was low on stock, restocking the necessary ones. As he was finishing up, the little jingle of the bell sounded through the store as the door opened. Feeling anxiousness crash down on him like a tidal wave his breath hitched knowing who it probably was, but when turning to see it was just a couple beginning their exploration in the store. Frowning lightly, but it soon vanished when seeing the familiar face emerge from behind them.

Both boys faces lit up in smiles as Ashton shyly walked over to Luke who looked at him as if he was the last piece of candy in a store. "Hi Sugar." He started loving the way Ashton blushed whenever being called that nickname. "Hi. I hope I'm not interrupting you. I don't wanna get you in trouble."

Luke shook his head,"You won't. You see those two guys who pretend like they're not watching us? Yeah, they're the only ones here, don't worry." Ashton giggled softly when looking in the direction of Michael and Calum and seeing them look away quickly to go back to what they were doing while whistling nonchalantly. "Do you have any Shawn Mendes CD's?" He asked getting a raised eyebrow in return. "It's for my sister. Not for me. I would know better, you'd probably make fun of me for that." He laughed which made Luke let out a chuckle as well.