Chapter 31

CAUTION: its short!

*********************************

"Slade! Hurry up or were gonna be late!" I yelled up the stairs.

Mondays.

Early Monday morning to be exact.

I can barley keep my eyes open. Why ? I didn't get much sleep last night due to the fact that Slade and I stayed past midnight playing Mario Kart on the Wii until our eyes were blood shoot red.

Mom eventually heard all the commotion and yelling from downstairs, she wasn't angry at us she actually laughed at the fact that we were going to be going to school dead on our feet.

I'm so tired that I didn't even technical get dressed, still in my pink, black, and white plaid PJ pants. I just brushed my teeth threw my hair into a messy bun, throwing on a orange Hollister hoodie under my black leather jacket, and applied enough make up to make me look alive instead of resembling an undead zombie.

"I'm coming!" He dragged from the top of the stairs. Finally, coming into view he kinda matched me. Wearing his black and grey plaid PJ pants he added a grey hoodie underneath his black leather jacket and a red beanie. His arm slung across the right side of chest in the sling that the doctor gave him Saturday after we left his house. The good news was that it wasn't broken just sprained badly but his ribs were a different story, a few were fractured. "You're driving right?" He breathed, exhausted.

"No way or we will never get there, more like end up in a ditch or on the side of the road some where." I exclaimed, expressing the most energy this morning. "Oh well, guess we can't go." We should have called Kia to carpool. I was so glad when Slade called her and made up yesterday. It was excruciating to see Kia depressed about the whole situation with Slade shutting her out.

He wasn't doing it purposely, he just was afraid how she'd react to he problems.

"Not so fast. I'll drive you guys to school." My mom smirked, descending the stairs, wearing one of dad's old hoodies with her PJ pants and fur boots. "I have had enough funerals to last a life time."

"Yay." Slade and I cheered, flatly.

She rolled her eyes at us. "Please, stop. Your killing me with you enthusiasm."

Slade pouted. "We were so fucking close." He whispered to me making me chuckled a bit.

"Language." My mom exclaimed.

Slade flinched. "Sorry, momma bear." My mom laid down the rules for Slade last night, he had to follow the same ones as me. Which includes absolutely no cursing around her, it was a little more difficult for Slade to follow them than me, with his extreme potty mouth.

We made it to school just in time for the warning bell to get to your first period class. Saying our goodbyes Slade and I went our separate ways.

The day seemed to drag on and on, the only highlights were meeting with my guidance counselor to sign up for CFS as a Pharmacy Technician and officially joining the school's soccer team with Kia. Not seeing Heather in the halls, in P.E, and at lunch was just an added bonus.

It was finally lunch and my energy hasn't changed since this morning and by the way Slade slugged up to me in the lunch line his haven't either. "Hey." He yawned right before we were greeted by Ryder, Kia, Ian, and Kade. Kade hasn't said much too me since Dom had a talk with him about his endless flirting with me. It didn't really bother me he was still friendly but not a talkative as before. "Yay, my pillow." Slade smiled, sleepily laying his head on the top of Kia's, hugging her as he did.