Chapter 18

"Lahni, wake up. You have to get ready for school." Someone said softly, while trying to shake me awake.

Please, tell me I'm dreaming again! I don't not want to go to school, I barely got any kind of sleep last night thanks to that special little nightmare I had.

What the hell was that all about anyway?

I haven't watched any scary movies in last 48 hours, so I don't understand this specific dream.

"Lahni. Get up."

More coherent, I realized that is was my Ma's voice calling me through my slumber. She continued to shake me awake, well I was already awake but she didn't need to know that.

Maybe, I should just fake an illness so I can get back to my precious sleep, but I doubt she'll go away.

Ugh. I have no choice.

"Lahni." She said as I finally rolled away from Nico's chest and opening my eyes to see her standing over me. I looked towards the windows, come to find out there isn't even light outside. No Sun what so ever!

Why the hell does school need to start so early, anyway?

"Hey, baby girl it's time to get up. You have to be there early to get your schedule from the office." She smiled.

Why the hell is she always so damn perky in the mornings, it makes my mornings not so fun.

"What time is it?" I yawned, looking down at her outfit. She wore a black pencil skirt and a white buttoned blouse, she must have to be to work soon.

"It's 5:30." She said as I rubbed my eyes. "Why are you in Nico's room?" She looked at me looking quite curious.

"I had a nightmare and I got a little scared, so I came in here." I answered in a small voice.

Immediately, her eyes widen tremendously, "It wasn't about your attack was it? Because if it was we can get you some help-" She asked on the verge of hyper ventilating.

"Ma, stop." I spoke, maybe a little too loud. I turned around to make sure I didn't wake up Nico. I unwrapped his arm from around my shoulders, getting up and grabbing my Ma's hand and pulled her towards the door.

Pulling her in the hallway and closing Nico behind us I turned around to face her, "Ma, relax okay. It wasn't about my attack, it was about this blonde girl. She was in our house, down in the basement and she looked like she had been kidnapped and attack by someone, she kept repeating, 'he killed me' over and over again. It crept me out." I shrugged.

"What kind of scary movies have you been watching and when can I watch?" She giggled, amusement clear in her voice.

"That's just it, I haven't been watching any lately so I don't understand these nightmares." I said in deep thought.

"Well, get in there and get ready for school, you don't wanna be late on your first day." She smiled, slapping me on the butt.

I yelped out, but complied and headed off to my room.

It took me a half an hour to get fully dressed, thankfully I had packed my backpack the night before so I didn't have to worry about it this morning. I also picked out my outfit last night as well, took me forever to figure out what I wanted to wear. I settled on some dark blue skinny jeans with a black, white, and black plaid shirt matching it with my black buckle boots that stopped just below my knee. Letting my long wavy hair hang down my back, adding some eyeliner, eye shadow, and lip gloss to finish off my look.