Chapter 20

Soon enough I pulled up in front of Slade's house, the neighbor was a bit run down but it wasn't to bad. He was sitting on his front steps until he saw me pull up, it took him a second to recognize me since he didn't know my car. Instead of going to the passenger side of my car he came to the driver's and opened the door.

"Kalahni, slide over. I'm driving." He demanded, unbuckling my seat belt.

All I did was nod at him, my whole body was numb, I couldn't speak or think, I just did what he asked me to do.

I climbed over the console and buckled myself in the passenger's seat while Slade did the same in the driver's. He eyed me carefully before taking off down the street. "Kalahni, what happened?"

"A girl, she was in my house." I said slowly, reliving what just happened. "She was asking me for help. I don't understand." Something about that girl reminded me of the one from my nightmare last night, but I couldn't be sure since her face was just a black shadow.

"Okay, where do you live? We can go back there to see if she is still there." He suggested.

"No." I said quickly. "Let's go do something, I really don't want to go back there right now."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, let's go back to your place."

"We can't go to my house because my parents are redecorating this week." He said. I can't fully tell but I think he just lied to me. I eyed him carefully and he seemed to squirm under my gaze, yeah he was definitely lying. Maybe he was lying to me but I sure it was for a good reason which is why I didn't press issue.

"Well, I need to call my boyfriend because I was suppose to chat with him on Facetime and I need to tell him why I can't. He should be out of school by now..." I trailed off dialing his number.

He answered on the first ring, "Hey, lil bit, why you calling we suppose to be face chatting in a half an hour."

"I'm calling you to tell you that I can't because I left home, I think there was someone in my house. I thought it was it Nico just messing around but when I called his name he didn't jump or pop out like he usually does. Then right before I backed out of my driveway I saw this blonde girl standing in my bedroom window. I can't be sure but I think she was asking me for help and I don't know what to do. I'm completely freaking out an-"

"Kalahni. Calm down. Take a deep breath." I did as he said closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. "Better?"

"Yes." I said calmly.

"Now, tell me where you are." He said seriously.

"I'm driving down the street."

"Your driving?!" He said completely outraged. "Pull over, your practical in hysterics!" He yelled through the phone.

"Dom, stop. I'm not driving, Slade, my friend is."

He took a deep breathe. "Oh, well that's better. Now tell me what happened." He spoke, calmly.

I proceeded to tell him everything thing that happened ever since I came home from school today, and about the blonde girl I seen in the window the first day we arrived at my new house. I also told him about the dream I had last night, how I thought they were the same girl.

I looked over at Slade while I told Dom about this story and he looked a little on edge almost like he knew what I was talking about.

"Why didn't you tell me you saw that girl the day we showed up at the house?"