afterword

Let just say,

Two years later, I make amend for all those tears I caused. By took this upon myself to write something that nobody asked for.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

HONESTLY, TAEHYUNG SHOULD have been familiar with this routine by now.

Setting foot on the familiar, all same old, building with antiseptic scent all over the place for couple weeks now. Going to the same receptionist and asked for the same VIP visitor's id card and walked into the same corridor at the same building floor with the same scent lingering his smell.

But what is different from before, today he saw a black fluffy hair and there are fewer pigment cells in a hair follicle, that strand of hair will no longer contain as much melanin very much viewable at their age.

Jimin standing not far from a close door hesitate to slide the door open. On hand, he bought a simple white roses bouquet for the patience, Taehyung assumed.

Sensing his friend's presence when Taehyung was not far from him, especially when the corridor was quiet as usual. Taehyung swore he could see the drastic changing from his friend's face nervous to relieve. But he didn't pray on it.

Next thing they knew, Taehyung already in front of Jimin, he glanced to the closed door and the name that they set beside the door, then back to Jimin.

"How long have you been standing here?" Taehyung asked, barely audible since he knew the person behind this door could hear them chating not get inside immediately. But fortunately, Jimin caught it perfectly fine.

"I don't know, five minutes? Three minutes? You know I can't get inside without the others..." Jimin same old reasoned.

Which to Taehyung, he completely understand. Heck, even sometimes Taehyung couldn't pull himself together to face the person behind this door alone.

Because the guilt always there.

Never left them even if they beg to their knee to forgive and forget.

Even when Namjoon told them, it was never really their fault, it was really something beyond their strength to fix. Even when, Jennie or Lisa told them, if is there anyone to blame, it was the girls which to Jin objected. It was neither their fault.

Many years later, they still blaming themselves for something that they knew it wasn't their fault. No, they are not blaming for the death anymore, but they blaming for the bare minimum effort they put for fixing the result.

If only they searched for her earlier and on their own, maybe they could fix something, something bigger than what they have today, it is possible, right?

If only they be friends with each other earlier than they did, they probably had more memories with each other, right?

If only they stopped him to get on his knee and asked for her hand; was there another, less cruel, goodbye for them?

If only she didn't perform that night with her guitar and he wasn't there being so mesmerized by her voice and have a crush on her right in that moment and they never meet with each other like that. Is the the pain never there in the first place?

But it was a wasteful of thought right there.

Because they were living in the world without her and barely have him with them.