21 | twenty-one

2 1

HIS EUPHORIA

HE NOTICED HER since Blackpink debuted but never gets to know her till 2017. That was the first time he can approach her properly, of the camera and without formality, which was in his options fucking great.

As he expected when he first gets to know her, she's awkward but it turns to the cuteness that every guy willing to kill each other just to see it and idol guys are damn lucky in the same field with her.

The fact she was afraid of him because he is her senior made the thing more interesting than it should be. Especially Rosé was in dating ban, she was careful with Jungkook, knowing he is the ideal type of high-school girl crush and BTS is overrate, acknowledged by the world.

Rosé always made the space between both of them. But Jungkook didn't easily give up; he tried to catch her attention all the time. Because of that, Rosé surrendered.

They became acquaintance ever since texting was their daily dose and that's the only safe bet for months.

Next thing he knows, Jeon Jungkook falling in love for Rosé, Park Chaeyoung.

Jungkook kept that feeling for years; he dated someone else but his mind always leads to her.

Hearing she has the same feeling for him, it's overwhelmed and shocking at the same time. The time stop for a moment, he opens his mouth and then closes it, unable to move his eyes from those piercing eyes.

Again, Rosé one step ahead from him.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"What?" His voice barely above a whisper and he takes down his mask so she could hear it.

Rosé shot him a chubby-gummy smile, the one that caused his stomach to flutter, sitting up. "It's not important — "

"It is, Rosé ." he interrupts her; "you love me?"

"Yes." She returns it in a single heartbeat but her face fell to straight the next second, "But I can't have you."

Jungkook heart sink as everything remained silent, the only sounds being the hum of cicadas in the heavy autumn's air. Unknown danger rises from his stomach to his throat when he heard her emphasized.

"Why?"

Rosé signal him to look at her figure with chuckles slip from her, more like a forceful one.

"I'm dying Jungkook and you don't deserve someone who's dying like me." she starts, her eyes blue, looks hopeless and Jungkook doesn't like it. "I'm dying and I love you, isn't that lethal combination I ever had in my life?"

Silence.

She being brave to staring at his eyes as once again their world crumbles down in snapped of her hand. God, he dislikes looking at her eyes while it turns icy, cold, totally unlike her. There were a few clouds but mostly just cold as ice. That's hurt Jungkook the most.

"I know I shouldn't love you the way I am now but who can help when the only thing you show me is your kindness and your dummy actions? But I know my lane, Jungkook. Don't worry, once I — "

"Breathe, Rosé."

She stopped and breathe out.

Jungkook honestly doesn't listen to her words, he so caught up the fact she loves him back. Rosé, the long-time girl crush of his, loves him back.

He gets up and pulls Rosé up, gently Jungkook wraps his masculine arms around her, protecting her as he should be since months ago. Eliminate the space between them and look down and deep inside her brown eyes, reflecting his figure on her pupil.

Pull out a smile, he says softly, "I'm hurt when you literally told me you giving up on us, even though we're not start anything yet."

Rosè looks down but Jungkook chin her up gently, she looks so small even though her height isn't a joke.

"Now, I don't care about the future. I only care the one I've been seeing since six years ago," he confesses confidently with his bunny smile on the face. "I like to stay with you till end rather than I have to live without you at all."

The young woman nervously chewed on her plump lower lip, weaving daisies together with nimble fingers. She briefly closed her eyes, taking a deep breath and turning to face the jet black-haired male.

"Jungkook, it's not easy to stay beside me," she whispers, her words give a pang to Jungkook's heart. She's scared and Jungkook knows it.

His hands went from the sides of her head and down to her neck, out to her shoulders and down to her hands. He grabbed her hands gently yet firm, put them in front of her.

"I love you, And I haven't stopped loving you from the first moment I saw you. Even now, months— years after you left me, I'm still hopelessly in love with you and Rosie, I'll never stop loving you."

The impact of Jungkook's words lost on her. Rosé smiles but he could see she was on the brink of crying.

With one hand he strokes gently through her hair and guides her face closer to his, gently he brushes his nose against her a few times; breathe fanning across to each other.

Rosé closes her eyes and that his cue to lean in and felt tender lips against his own, his eyes fluttering closed. At her lips' touch, he blossomed like a flower and the incarnation was complete.

He kisses her without hesitation.

After a few moments, Jungkook pulled away, a hand still caressing her cheek. His breathing still stutters and his eyes still close, feeling her existence right in front of him.

And really, reality can wait a couple more seconds before it comes to crashing again. Because right now, this moment he wants to capture the most.

"So, will you be my girlfriend, Rosé?"

She slips chuckles as she wraps her arms around his neck, "you just kissed me, idiot."

Despite they're inside the nightmare, Jungkook aware what's coming next but he begged to God at least for once — this moment — let them breathe.

Because Park Chaeyoung is the cause of Jeon Jungkook's euphoria and no one, no one can say another way.