22 | twenty-two

2 2

A DECENT KOREAN

HAVING HER INSIDE his palm like a sweet gift from Christmas that someone put under the tree with his name written on top. Jungkook is truly happy. He can't describe it but it feels amazing having her now.

The fact she's suddenly become eager at everything, bouncing like a five years old kid, dragging him to all her favourite place in her childhood town, her hometown.

She let him in just like that.

He didn't realize time until sun already set down and night taking over when Ro- Chaeyoung wants to eat at the cafe where she works part-time and Jungkook didn't complain.

The cafe actually cosy and vintage, really fit with acoustics performances and live music while drink and eat. Once they get inside the cafe hand in hand, she gets a greet by one of the waitresses.

A girl seems at the same ages as the couple. She's blonde and native English. Jungkook frowns. Years touring all over the world, his English still poor as ever, not really that poor but still not good. He mental notes to ask Chaeyoung to teach him.

The next thing he knows, the girl's eyes glance at Jungkook and her eyes grow wider, he doesn't know if she immediately recognizes who he is or she's confused because he still wears the bucket hat.

But then, she drags down her blue eyes to their intertwined hands, she smirks immediately and back her glance to Chaeyoung.

"Boyfriend?" she asks in that Aussie's accent.

Chaeyoung looks up to Jungkook who stand beside her for a second and back to the girl, he could miss her nod if he doesn't stare at her all the time. It's fast and sharp and just one nod.

"Damn he's good looking, Rosie." she crossed her arms and leans on to Chaeyoung, "who is his name? He looks so Korean, a very decent Korean."

"Emma!" she's whining and her ears little bit red, Jungkook looks down so no one can see him smiling like an idiot just because her friend teasing Chaeyoung. "And I won't tell his name,"

"Possessive, I see." She leans inward slightly and makes a mischievous smile that makes Chaeyoung only rolls her eyes.

The waitress laughs, thank God there is live music today so the other guests don't care about them. "So, table for two? At your favourite place, I presume?"

Chaeyoung grins ears to ears and nods. "And my favourite foods, please?"

The waitress winks at her and lets the couple take the sit at her favourite place. They sit at the corner, two high-chairs face to face with a round wood table. Finally alone again with live music at the back.

"Did you know my duet partner is actually the one who introduces me to this amazing cafe?" she's talking in Korean again after they take their seat. Still staring at the live music, an indie band performing tonight. "He really nice guy you know."

Jungkook can't help but snorts at it, Chaeyoung raises her eyebrow, he looks away and mentally kicked himself for snorted like that.

So he tries to ignore it, pretending he wasn't do anything, "you already said that two times."

Chaeyoung put her hands on the table and rest her chin on it, looking up at him with puppy eyes, "did I already said the guy is my sister husband?"

He snaps his head to her and blinks, she blinks back. Then closes his eyes, the statement has just slapped him on the face. Jungkook groans out loud.

"Chae! You should tell me before I made conclusions!" he whining in an adorable way, according to Chaeyoung.

She laughs, genuinely laughs. "What are you even think, Jungkook?" She asks between her laugh.

Jungkook closes his mouth and shook his head, "nothing."

There's no way he tells her, he was jealous for nothing. It will brush his ego.

Chaeyoung about to push him to answer her questions but at the same time, the waitress who Jungkook believe her name is Emma, walks to them and serving two pasta and mineral waters.

Chaeyoung slaps her forehead when seeing their orders, "I forget to ask what you want to drink, I usually take mineral water." she informs him.

"It's fine, Chae." he looks at Emma who looks confused because they talk in Korean and little bit push up the hat so he can see her properly, "thank you, Miss."

Emma raises her eyebrows in surprise and looks at Chaeyoung with amusing, "he's cute." then she looks back at Jungkook, "and he looks like JK from BTS, don't you think, Rosie?"

Chaeyoung doesn't know how to react, same goes to Jungkook. He stays stills and Chaeyoung gulps. She opens her mouth and close it again, blinks a few times.

"Of course, whatever you say Em," Chaeyoung says finally.

Emma raises her hands and shrug, "Enjoy the dinner, love." After that, she's leaving the couple.

Chaeyoung takes the forks and points it to Jungkook with a serious face, "don't you dare take off your hat till we inside the car."

Jungkook nods rapidly, "she knows me?" he asks in half-whisper. He can't believe he actually nervous because of it.

She sighs, "yeah, I forget to tell you she's a fan and she biases you since long time ago. If she knows I'm dating her beloved Jeon Jungkook, I don't need cancer to die, she will kill me with her cursing probably." she chuckles at her own words.

"Wait, did she knows you were an idol?" Pretend and get along with her that the c-word not affected them.

She nods again as she swelled her tasty pasta, "um yeah, but she's the only one who actually sees me as Roseanne Park rather than Rosé Blackpink."

Right, now she officially a normal 26-years-old woman and Jungkook extremely jealous of it. No spotlight on her, do whatever she wants. It's been so long that he forgets what is it feels like.

"Talking about Blackpink-" Jungkook starts carefully look up at her, after he ate few spoons of pasta, "when will you face them?"

Chaeyoung didn't say a word, her eyes drifting to somewhere else. She's avoiding his glance, he sighs giving up and keep eating his pasta without say a word.

She chews her inner mouth, hesitated for a second but nods firmly, "tonight. Let's face them tonight."

Jungkook looks up just to meet her chubby bright smile that he would capture forever, just for himself. For the rest of the scene, they just enjoying their foods while Chaeyoung talking about Emma and her history being a fan of BTS.