16 | sixteen

1 6

THE HALF ANSWER

THEY FINALLY ALLOWED to come inside the room after three hours, while waiting, the boys asked many questions to Alice. Some of the questions she didn't answer because she doesn't know the answer too but mostly, she gave the big reveal.

Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin take a turn to stay in the morning as Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa back to Alice's house. Alice offered her house for them to crash on, gladly they took the offer. They don't think could find a hotel at midnight.

Rosé still unconscious when the maknae line arrives at her room. Jimin places his flowers, pink roses, at the empty spot as Taehyung put down their takeaway breakfast on the table. Jungkook sits beside her bed and takes her hand gently, his eyes never leave her.

Chronic myelogenous leukaemia.

The only reason why Blackpink disbanded, the only reason why she back to Australia and the only reason why she cut her precious long hairs.

According to Alice, the reason why she's laying on the bed unconscious right now because she forgets to take her medicine a few months ago and that's fatal to death for her. She's been living with those medicines for two years now after she diagnosed and the worst part, Jungkook never know about it.

You almost die.

He holds her hand tightly as he closed his eyes, remembering every answer her sister gave to them.

After she took to the hospital, the doctor said she needs her chemotherapy for the first time. This is her third one, that's why she laying on the bed unconscious, she was worn out because of chemo and forgot her medicine. Alice said the third therapy is the worst.

A hand lands on Jungkook shoulder as Jimin stands right opposite direction as him, Taehyung takes to sit on the edge of the bed, "she'll be fine." Taehyung says as he keeps rubbing his friend shoulder and his eyes staring at the pale face.

"Chaeyoung looks beautiful even without makeup, what the hell?" Jimin chuckles as he staring down at the woman.

"Come on, let's eat first," Taehyung pat Jungkook shoulder once more and go to the coffee table, where he already prepared the foods.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The maknae line still inside her room. Jimin and Taehyung sleep on the couch, they still have jet lag while Jungkook stays beside Rosè and asleep too. The room is quiet and the flower scent Jimin brought lingers the room.

Even though, Jungkook really tired he couldn't help but still on guard but he swears, if this because his lack of sleep maybe he hallucinations—he could feel her bed shifting slowly, he still closes his eyes but he tries to feel her hand that never leave his grip.

It's empty, his fucking hand feels empty. He snaps and just facing conscious Rosé trying to pull off her infuse.

Her facial in horror as she fixates with Jungkook, she shakes her head in disbelief, afraid, and hopeless.

"You shouldn't be here." her voice hoarse, dry and almost audible.

Jungkook bolts up and stop Rosé whatever she tries to do right now, "yah stop, Rosé stop." his voice shaking.

But somehow she can manage to take it off and get down from her bed, her legs betrayed her because she falls down immediately.

Jungkook eyes widened and run to her side, "Rosé!"

Jimin and Taehyung startle because of the chaos, their eyes grow wide when seeing Chaeyoung on the floor, trying to wake up. Jungkook helps her to stand up but she pushes him away, tears start to flow down from her beautiful face as she struggles to get up by herself.

"Come on legs, not now," she mutters and a sniff escape. Taehyung rushes to her back and hugs her from back, helping her to stand up. It's a sudden move so Rosé didn't prepare that's coming.

Jungkook finally comes forward and let her sit down on her bed. This is terrifying, he bends down slightly so he could see her face by his eyes bloodshot, she staring at the young man in front of her, "no, you shouldn't be here."

"It's okay." he murmurs. Some of it for himself and mostly to her.

Rosè shook her head in fears look, "this is not okay!" she yells, Jimin and Taehyung startled because of that. "Who ask you to come here? I never ask you to visit me, am I?!"

"Please don't cry," Jungkook pull her to him but she pushes him away, try to stand up again, "Rosé, please stay on the bed, you shouldn't stand up like this." he pleads her as he holds her shoulders.

"Get out." Rosè's voice drops too low because of dry throat, "Jimin, Taehyung, get out." Jimin about to say a word to her but Taehyung grab his hand and drag him out from the room.

"Who told you?"

Tears streaming down on her pale face faster than before, she looks pale and Jungkook doesn't know if he can say this all Jennie's plan, "I anticipated."

"who told you, Jungkook?" Of course, she didn't buy it, he didn't answer after that. So Rosé pushes him away again, but this time she can stand by herself, "what are you doing here, Jungkook? This is not part of the plan."

"What plan?" he snaps, "Rosé, why didn't you tell me? Why keep it secret from me?" he asks as he gets closer to her. The situation flip over.

"Jungkook gets out," Rosé warns him, "just get out."

"Why Rosé? Why keep it secret from me? Why di-"

"Chaeyoung!" Alice burst inside the room along with Bangtan boys and former members of Blackpink.