18 | eighteen

1 8

ONLY ONE ANSWER

HE ARRIVES AT the beach house in Sorrento, half an hour ride from Melbourne with a car.

The place is quiet; Jungkook can hear the roar of waves competing to the beach not far from this antique white house. It's relaxing and he gets it if she might be inside the house.

Once he steps on the porch, he could hear the sound of the piano from inside the house; Jungkook didn't know what she was playing but the slow movement, which has a halting make it sound really sad beautiful tragic.

He quietly gets inside the house and sees a petite figure playing the piano as she read the partiture. Rosé so into her music and didn't realize Jungkook stands not far behind her.

The song finishes after few minutes, she staring at the sheets in front of her. Rosé's whip off her cheeks and take deep breathe few times.

"D. 959," she says so sudden, Rosé turns around and facing freeze Jungkook. Give him a small smile, "Sonata in A major D. 959, that's what they called."

"How do you know I stand behind you?" he asks after a while as he walks toward her step by step.

She points the piano, "I can see your reflection through this piano you know."

Right above the tuts, with the shining black body of the piano, there's no way Jungkook's reflection didn't catch by her.

He sits beside her and she didn't run away, shoulder brushing to each other but never touch. He still giving her some space, even though all he wants to do is pull her to his arms and never let it go.

"The song, its sound so sad," he says to her, he can't express his feeling right now. So he just makes some conversation.

Rosé nods, "yeah, with a plaintive melody in the outer sections and a disturbing spiral into raging madness in the middle, make it one of the darkest endings, aren't they?"

The song, every song Rosé played now or before — they always come from her heart, she playing with her feelings that makes the song more meaningful. If people who know her well, they will understand her by the song she played and never from her mouth.

The young woman play again, a popular solo piano music, even Jungkook knows it. River Flows in You echo through the whole house, he amazes how she can play beautifully. Jungkook flinched a little when she suddenly rest her head on his shoulder as she keeps playing, slow but with her wholeheartedly.

"Why didn't you tell me, Rosé?" he mutters after to give her a peck on her crown head lightly.

She stops playing, slowly she gets up from his shoulder and opens her eyes, "I just can't, I want to tell you but I can't."

"Do you know how worried I am when I can't reach you?" he asks, "I thought you didn't care of me."

Rosé gives him a sweet smile, "I've always looked after you," she starts, put her hand on his cheek, caressing it gently, "the day when you found me at McDonald, I was about to watch you without telling you, but Jimin Oppa and Hobi Oppa caught me. You know the rest of the story, then I told Lisa to go to your concert in Bangkok because I want her to make sure you're okay —since I left you," the last word comes out as a whisper, "I asked your manager to slip Lisa to the backstage though.

She continues, shook her head in disbelief, "and Lisa told me you really not in good states, but what can I do Jungkook? I stuck in here, it was the day before I forgot ate my medicine. Lisa and Jisoo unnie caught you before you dare to come here was only my prediction, can't believe you really dare to come here." she finishes it with a simple smile with small chuckles.

Jungkook fixate with her flawless face, gently he stroke her straight hairs, "how about the sunflowers bouquet?"

Rosé chuckles at that, but instead, she answered, she plays the piano. Jungkook knows immediately the intro, twelfth song on the artist third studio album, and is one of the most emotional songs on the album.

It's melancholy yet warm and loving and is about Ed Sheeran losing his grandmother.

What are you trying to say this time Rosé?

While playing she says, "why sunflowers? People said, baragi — is a phrase that comes from how sunflowers always follow the sun, It means if you love someone so much you never stop looking at them?" she raises her eyebrow.

The young woman didn't finish the song that she improved a little bit, she let slips a long sighs after few seconds stop playing, then turns to him with sad facial he doesn't want to see from her face, it never suits her.

"Jungkook, I'm dying."

Silence.

She grabs his sleeve and locks her eyes to his, like rain on a dusty pane; the tears running down her cheeks. Rosé presses her lip into a thin line; her face gets red and blotchy. Jungkook stays beside her doing nothing but letting the girl cry, from him, Rosé probably hides her pain for so long so crying out loud now is okay.

"I - I'm scared, Jungkook," her voice cracks when she tries to speak, "I don't... I don't want to lose you," she shakes her head vigorously in fear as she clutches to him even more.

Soon enough her cry become sob, Jungkook pulls her to get closer to him, she uncontrollable cry, accompanied by the lower lip making that awful sucking noise he wishes he could stop it, and that uncontrollable urge to breathe in like you aren't getting enough air.

"Stay."

It's like the world has stopped for a second. The only word matter to Jungkook that enough for him now, just out from her mouth in a whisper.

He wraps his arms around her petite figure, encloses them, secure her and promise to himself not letting her go anymore.

"Stay, please... Please just stay, stay... stay with me, I can't... I can't through this anymore, I'm scared... Jungkook I'm scared..." she pleads as her breath stutters when she tried to talk.

Rosé won't always be this vulnerable, this open. She gives in and right now her trust is in the palm of Jungkook's hand. Jungkook pulls her closer, close enough to feel her pulse, the quiet beat beating along with her muffles cry on his broad chest.

There is only one answer to this;

"Always."