20 | twenty

2 0

TWENTY QUESTIONS GAME

ROSÉ PLAY PINK skies by LANY as Jungkook drives back to Melbourne with Rosé's father car. She's so caught up with the scenery as she humming every single word from the song, not for long she pouts and looks at Jungkook.

"Let's do something,"

Still, focus on the road, he asks, "what do you want to do?"

From his peripheral he could see, Rosé thinking hard. They are on the road and nothing they can do besides sing-along to the playlist, seeing the beautiful scenery, or sleep that's only available for Rosé.

"Let's play twenty questions," she suggests the game he never thinks she will say it.

Jungkook never plays that kind of game though, maybe it's Australia's thing. He thoughts.

"Why would we play that game? I basically know all about you,"pretty white lies slip from Jungkook's mouth. He has so many questions inside his head but he doesn't want to know the answer either.

"I know you have lots of questions, Jungkook," she says in that honey-rich voice he would never get enough, Jungkook sometimes scare to her because of she always one step faster than him.

"And you need answers, so I offered you twenty question games to kill your curiosity before killing the cat." she continues with a small smile on her chubby face.

Jungkook didn't answer it immediately, his eyes straight to the road. He didn't think anything though, he just wants to be dramatic to her out of nowhere.

He let out a long sigh, "fine, I can ask anything I want and you have to answer it honestly, deal?"

Rosè nods unwavering, "deal."

"What's your favourite colour?"

The young woman frowns, "Jungkook, I thought we try to be serious here, my favourite colour? Really?" she whining on her seat, raising her eyebrow and tilt her head a little.

Jungkook forms his bunny smile and nods, "one hundred percent sure." Rosé didn't budge in, she just staring at him disbelief, "come on Rosé, you promised to answer at whatever I asked."

Rosé groans and lean back to her chair, "baby pink and blue." She mutters, "But baby pink is a top priority."

"See it's easy," Jungkook says with a cocky smile. He knows she thinking this would be their serious moment and ask serious thing but Jungkook doesn't want it, their journey has just started.

Not now at least.

"Right next question..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

One hour trip filled with endless Jungkook's questions. It's his fifteen questions now and he asks her about her childhood.

They stop playing their little game when they finally arrived at the park. There are people not many but Jungkook considers it a little bit crowded for them. He grabs his bag from the backseat and pulls out two masks and a baseball cap and a bucket hat for him.

Rosé stops him and put back the baseball cap and mask to his bag, "I'm not going to use a mask," she says, "I hate it."

"But you, on the other hand, have to wear it." she continues, she put the bucket hat on his head and give him his mask. "You are Jungkook from BTS, everyone knows it. Even my co-worker acknowledge who you are."

Hesitate but he finally gives up, he wears his mask and gets out from the car along with Rosè from the other side.

"You said you have a co-worker, where do you work Rosé?" he asks as they walk down the park.

"I take a part-time job at café near here," she says as they walk down the park, "I sing a duet with him every weekend and sometimes on weekday doing solo because I bored."

So she still sings, a duet with him. Who the fuck is him?

Knowing she met people beside him and a guy at the cafe, Rosé is a generous and loving young woman; she probably treats another guy equally like she treats him.

Just think about it make knots in his stomach tightened.

Jungkook didn't say a word and Rosé staring at him as they sit on the grass, looking at the river and doing nothing but remembering each other company's.

"I take that as your sixteen questions, okay?" Rosé says unsure, Jungkook nod one time, "alright so next question, please."

"Is he a guy?" Rosè blinks at his random question before she could say a word, he terrorising her with other questions. "No scratch that, Do you like your co-worker?"

Rosé giggles at his silly questions, "of course I like him, he really nice Aussie guy and I've kinda fond with him."

"Do you love him?"

Now Rosé really staring at him with disbelief, "Jungkook you asking a stupid question."

"Just answer it, please?" he murmurs under his breath but Rosé can hear it clearly.

"No, I don't," she emphasizes, "I- I love someone else," she confesses with a small smile playing on her face.

"I take all of that as your question so you still have two questions left, Jungkook." She warns him.

Rosé won't answer his question after his twenty questions are done.

So he willing not knowing her feeling toward him or her secret or her health but as long as he knows who the lucky bastard who captures her heart when he doesn't around, it's enough for him.

"Who?" he asks in a firm voice, his eyes glued to her bored eyes.

In a single heartbeat, she answers, "a guy obviously."

Jungkook rolls his eyes and he knows Rosé teasing him because she lay down on the grass and giggles like crazy, "Good Lord, I can't believe you asking me the stupid question I ever heard. You are wasting your question for nothing, Jungkook."

"It's Chanyeol." Jungkook blurts out randomly. He slaps himself mentally for mentions his name.

Rosé chokes, her tip of ears getting red, "yaaah!" she smacks his shoulder, "Chanyeol sunbae is just a crushed from the rookie year! He is handsome though, and playing instruments, his voice and his figure-"

Rosé glance to Jungkook because normally he laughs at her. His face unreadable, so she stops and waits for him to back to earth.

He thought he will get some answer but Rosé is usually playing hard to get, then foolish thought interrupts him. Jungkook still has one question left, let it be down to flame or paradise.

"I still have one question right?" he makes sure and Rosé nods, "you need to answer it honestly with — "

"I do."

Jungkook blinks and freezes on his track, she takes a sit properly on the grass and pulling her legs to her chest and put her chin on her knee, looking at him with the soften look he ever see.

Pull her chubby smiles like a chipmunk, that become her signature and he really likes it, loves it.

"Your last question is do you love me, isn't? I say I do."