28 | twenty-eight

2 8

THERAPY AND THE NEWS

JUNGKOOK WAIT FOR the girl right in front of the blur-glasses door, while she doing her therapy. The man can't see through so he just waits and waits, always wait.

It will take a few hours before she sends back to her room where she will spend for a few days and finally they can back again to their safe heaven, their place.

Namjoon and Hoseok also there with Jungkook, play with their phone when a doctor comes out from the room still wearing a mask. He locked his eyes with Jungkook the moment he shut the door.

"Jungkook?" He calls out since the doctor is the one who always handles Chaeyoung in Seoul, he is already familiar with him. "I think we should talk, please follow me."

Hoseok and Namjoon stay in silence as Jungkook hesitates at first to nod but did eventually and leave the hall, go to the doctor room. The room is chilled as soon as he gets inside and took a seat on the couch, the doctor's face looks serious to make the atmosphere not good at all.

The doctor sighs after took a seat on the couch too, "Jungkook, do you know how many treatments we promised to Chaeyoung here?"

Jungkook blinks by the sudden question, "um... ten? She did three times in Australia?" he quiets not sure either.

The doctor nods, seems like agree to him and look deep inside Jungkook eyes, "so do you know how many therapies she been through?"

"It's her ten, I know..." His voice comes out as a half-whisper, fuck, he knows where this conversation will go and if only he could stop it and run away, he would.

"I must admit, Chaeyoung is really a strong fighter," the doctor starts as he leans back to the couch, "but I believe you know the virus spreading as we speak and—"

"What are you trying to say, doctor?"

The doctor little bit took aback from Jungkook's low voice for brief moments, he sighs, "we can slow it down, with some others treatment and excerse but she can't go back to your place anymore, she needs to stay here twenty-four seven."

It struck inside Jungkook thick skull, they can slow it down but can they stop it?

Although Jungkook knows about it, he always believes Chaeyoung can fight it. But this is Leukemia we talk about and her disease one of that rare kind.

The fact she can't do anything about it, they wait for the match stem cell transplants for her but nothing coming from Australia or even here. It such unlucky for Chaeyoung because no one in her family had a match with her, not even Jungkook.

So what else he can do? They literally flow with the time right now, through the whole world as if it's something he shouldn't afraif of. Jungkook's fists tighten on his sides, a little bit shaky but he tries to act calm.

"In other words, there is no way Chaeyoung survive..." Jungkook voice trailed down.

"Big change, yes."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When Jungkook back to Chaeyoung's room, Namjoon and Hoseok already inside and wait for the youngest.

She unconscious like always but he can't stand it. He can't stand seeing the love of his life laying down like that, full of infused and pale, paler than Yoongi's.

Hoseok is the first one who cracks the tension and comes to approach the maknae. "So? What the doctor say?"

Jungkook knows, they all care for Chaeyoung as much as he is but he can't say it. Not because he doesn't want it, if they know they will see differently to Chaeyoung and she hates being pitty by people.

But it is the right time to do Chae? He asks mentally and grabs her hand gently, caressing it in the hope she can feel his presence and wake up.

Jungkook shake his head and try his best to put a smile, still staring at Chaeyoung, he says, "she just can't come back home for a couple of weeks, that's all."

He doesn't know why he has to lie to his hyungs, but at least Hoseok believes in it. Namjoon taps Jungkook shoulder lightly, his gaze switch to his dear hyung.

The glaze on Namjoon's eyes giveaway — he's not buying it, unlike Hoseok.

He knows too but same as Jungkook, he will pretend and play along. Namjoon almost cried but he succeeded to seal it, at least not in front of Hoseok or Jungkook.

Jungkook clears his throat awkwardly, "um, hyung, you can go home now, I'll be fine and Chaeyoung won't be wake up for hours."

Namjoon chuckles and take a seat on the couch, comfort himself and let out a slight moan, "we had nothing to do, so let's wait for Chaeyoung and company you."

He smiles as watching how beautiful Chaeyoung and back to Namjoon, "alright, thank you for staying hyung."

Hoseok suddenly frowns and both of them notice it so they raise their eyebrow and wait for something from Hoseok.

Hoseok tilt his head to Jungkook, he starts, "this is random though, but you still keep a secret from us remember? The will you know when times come. Is there something reference to Chaeyoung?"

"Of course I remember, it's literally just yesterday hyung and yes it's referred to Chae."

Hoseok eyes widen not because of his guessed right, but it was new secret and Hoseok thought its been a few months. "Really? So when you about to tell us?"

Namjoon eager to listen but Jungkook doubt the timing. Now Hoseok brings it up, maybe this is the right and the only time they have before worst but still hope the best happens to them.

"I don't know, but since Chaeyoung will stay here, I don't think I can do it properly," Jungkook mutters.

Namjoon arches his eyebrow, "do what?"

A smile plastered on Jungkook face as he gently stroke her soft hairs, he wants to do it. No matter what happens, Park Chaeyoung will always be his forever and always.

Then finally locked eyes with Hoseok and Namjoon, proudly to say it to his brothers;

"Pick a ring and tie the knot."