Adopting Neil

<next morning>
(Third person P. O. V)
It was a quiet morning. Ant was out giving the dogs a walk. Anne Marie was sat in the living room watching telly whilst Neil was flat out sleeping.
<few minutes later>
[In the living room]
(Third person P. O. V)
As Anne Marie was watching telly, she heard the door opening and saw Neil coming in with a pain expression on his face.
"Neil, are you in pain sweetie?" Anne Marie worriedly asked as she went over to him.
"Yes." Neil painfully replied.
"Oh you poor thing." Anne Marie cooed as she approached Neil, "you go and sit on the sofa darling while I'll get your meds and a glass of water."
Neil did what he was told and went to sit on the sofa while Anne Marie went to get Neil's medication and glass of water. Once she came back, she gave the medication and the water to Neil.
After Neil took the medication, his pain began to pass and he started to relax.
"Thank you." Neil thanked.
"It's ok darling. Feeling better now?" Anne Marie gently asked.
"Yeah." Neil replied.
Anne Marie then sat next to Neil on sofa and put her arm over him.
"What happened sweetheart? Did you get up too quick?" Anne Marie gently started asking.
"Yeah." Neil replied whilst going a bit red.
"Oh, there's no need to be embarrassed Neil. It's not your fault lovely." Anne Marie reassured.
Neil didn't say anything. Anne Marie started to have a think on how to cheer him up and came up with a good idea.
"Neil," Anne Marie started saying, "what was your favourite moments when you was on Saturday night takeaway as little Ant?"
Neil started to smile a bit when Anne Marie asked him that, so he had a think. After he had a think, he happily said.
"My favourite moments was when me and Haydn were on Britain's got talent talking to the judges, and playing big star little star with Mr McPartlin and Mr Donnelly."
"Oh I remember that game. Ant was embarrassed when you said he gets drunker. Wasn't he?" Anne Marie laughed.
"Yeah he was. He didn't forgive me after that even though he and I still won the challenge." Neil pointed out happily.
The two of them carried on laughing. Just then, they heard the front door opening. All three dogs came into the living room and so did Ant.
"Hey Amzie, morning Neil. Thought you'd still asleep kidda?" Ant kindly greeted.
"He had pain in his ribs when he got up so I had to give him his meds." Anne Marie explained to Ant.
"But I'm feeling better now." Neil quickly added.
Ant felt reassured after hearing what Anne Marie and Neil had just said to him. It was then he said.
"Well since the dogs are now walked, I'll start making some breakfast. What would you like for breakfast Neil?"
"Why don't you do us your lovely cooked breakfasts Ant? I'm sure you would like that, wouldn't you Neil?" Anne Marie suggestively asked.
Neil nodded his head and his eyes lit up which made both Ant and Anne Marie happy.
"Ok, I'll go and make a start on it. Do you want a drink Neil?", asked Ant.
"Yes please.", replied Neil.
"I'll go and do it for you now then kidda." Ant then said.
Once Ant left, Neil started to have tears in his eyes which made Anne Marie worry.
"What's wrong Neil?" She worriedly asked.
"Nothing Miss Corbett, I'm happy. It's been while since I've had this much love and care." Neil reassuringly replied.
"Awwww sweetie, come here." Anne Marie cooed as she gently pulled Neil in a hug.
Neil happily returned the hug and nuzzled his face in Anne Marie's neck as they hugged. Soon as Ant came in with a glass of juice for Neil and a cup of tea for Anne Marie, he smiled when he saw the two of them hugging.
"Hey where's my hug?" Ant joked.
Neil pulled away from Anne Marie, stood up and hugged Ant. Ant returned the hug and gently rubbed Neil's back. After they were done hugging, Ant then asked.
"Hey Neil, do you want to help me cook breakfast?"
"Yes please." Neil happily replied.
Ant chuckled then put his arm around Neil. The pair of them then headed into to the kitchen to make breakfast.
<few hours later>
[In the dining room]
(Third person P. O. V)
After they were done eating breakfast, both Ant and Anne Marie were happy to see Neil clear his plate and had a smile on his face.
"Do you enjoy that Neil?" Ant happily asked.
Neil nodded his head response and happily replied.
"That was really nice. It has been a long since I've had proper cooked food."
"Didn't your father ever cook food for you Neil after your mother died?", asked Anne Marie worriedly.
"No, mostly I had to cook food which was either a pre cooked meal or beans on toast." Neil sadly admitted.
"You poor thing." Anne Marie cooed as she squeezed Neil's hand.
It was then Anne Marie gave Ant a nod which he replied back to her but made Neil confused and worried.
"Is something wrong?" Neil worriedly asked.
Ant stood up and bent down next to Neil's chair then gently began saying.
"Neil, Anne Marie and I have been talking. We've decided that you're not going back to your father."
"I'm not?", asked a surprised Neil.
"No kidda, you're not. Both Anne Marie and I decided that we want to adopt you. If that's ok, by you?" Ant finished.
Neil was speechless when he heard that. He thought Ant was joking but looking how serious both Ant and Anne Marie faces were, he knew they were both serious. So whilst having new tears sliding down his face, Neil tearfully but quietly asked.
"Seriously? You really want to adopt me?"
"Of course we do darling," Anne Marie gently replied, "If you let us adopt you, you'll be safe from your father, you get your own room, you'll get new clothes and have two adoptive sisters as well."
"Also, you can also heal from your injuries here as well. So what do you think Neil?" Ant gently asked.
Neil thought to himself for a minute. He then, with a big smile on his face, happily said.
"Yes, yes. I'd love for you both to adopt me."
After saying that, Neil had more tears falling down his face. Both Ant and Anne Marie gently hugged him and rubbed his back. Whilst still hugging Neil, the only Ant could think about was: how was he going tell Dec and Ali about this?