A best friends promise

<2 hours later>
(Third person P. O. V)
After being happily reunited, Neil and Haydn headed upstairs to Neil's room whilst Ant and Anne Marie stayed in the living room with Haydn's parents to listen to their side of Neil's abuse.
[In the Neil's room]
(Third person P. O. V)
Soon as the two young boys entered Neil's room. Haydn immediately pulled Neil in for another hug.
"You have no idea how much I've been wanting to do this." Haydn whispered into Neil's ear.
Neil understood what Haydn meant but was starting to have pain in his ribs again. Soon as Haydn pulled away from the hug, he noticed Neil's pained expression on his face. So he worriedly started asking.
"Neil, what's wrong? Are you in pain? Do I need to tell Mr McPartlin?"
"No, it's fine," Neil painfully said, "I'll be ok in a minute. I just need to take a few deep breath's."
Once Neil managed to catch his breath, Haydn noticed the bandages around Neil's wrists. Neil saw that Haydn was looking so he ashamedly turned his head way and then to went to sit on the bed. Haydn sat next him, put his arm over Neil and gently but quietly asked.
"Neil, what happened to you?"
Neil then sadly explained everything to Haydn about what happened to him and his injuries. When he was finished, Neil turned away from Haydn and began crying but as for Haydn, he was shocked. After having a few minutes to himself, Haydn gently hugged Neil and whispered.
"I'm sorry Neil. I've should've protected you more from him."
"You've got nothing from to apologise for Haydn," Neil quickly said, "I was the one who hide it from you. I couldn't bear the thought of my father hurting you or your parents."
The boys carried on hugging each other. After they were done hugging, Haydn started to think about something to change the subject. It was then he kindly asked.
"So what it's been like being here with Mr McPartlin and his partner?"
"I love it here. I get on well with Daisy and Poppy, Miss Corbett two daughters. She and Mr McPartlin been taking good care of me." Neil happily replied.
"So is it true then? Are they really going to adopt you? I overheard my parents talking about it." Haydn then curiously asked.
"Yeah it is," Neil then replied, "They told me first, then told Mr and Mrs Donnelly and then the girls when they got back from their fathers house."
"Wow, you're really are going to be little Ant. You're actually going to be Ant McPartlin's adopted son." Haydn kindly pointed out as he laid back on the bed.
"Tell me about it." Neil added as he laid back as well.
As the two boys lay there, they both turned their heads to look at each other. They both smiled at each other and it was then Haydn asked.
"Neil, do you know why Mr McPartlin and his partner are talking to my parents about?"
"They probably want your parents side about my Dad abuse on me. So they can help the police build a strong case against my Dad." Neil replied.
"Oh right." Haydn then said.
After he said that, Haydn began thinking to himself. Neil noticed how deep in thought Haydn was, so he then asked.
"What are you thinking about Haydn?"
Haydn closed his eyes and took a deep breath. After taking a few moments to himself, Haydn then quietly said.
"Neil, I want you to promise me something."
"Anything Haydn, what is it you want me to promise you?" Neil quickly asked as he gently sat up.
Haydn sat up as well. He then turned to Neil, held both his hands, looked into his eyes and strongly said.
"Promise me that you'll never hide anything from me again. This whole time you've been missing had worried me a lot and I didn't know if I was going to see you again. Seen you today, made me realised that I can't lose you again because you're my best friend. We've been friends since I was 6 and you were 7 when we became little Ant and Dec and after we left Saturday night takeaway. I know I sound like Mr Donnelly right now but I don't care. I really want you to promise me if you're either in trouble again, you'll tell me next time. Please Neil?"
Looking in the eyes of his best friend, Neil nodded his head in response to what Haydn just said and whilst getting a bit emotional, he tearfully said.
"I promise. I'll never hide anything from you again Haydn."
The boys then hugged each other. Whilst they were hugging, Haydn happily said.
"Oh by the way, I've got something else to tell you."
"What's that?" Neil asked as he pulled away a bit.
"I'm staying over for a sleepover tonight." Haydn surprisingly replied.
Neil's eyes lit up when he heard that.
"Seriously? You're really staying for sleepover?" Neil excitingly asked.
"Yeah I am." Haydn happily replied.
Neil hugged Haydn again which Haydn was happy to return whilst minding Neil's ribs. After they were done hugging, Haydn then asked.
"Neil, is there anything we can do whilst we're up here?"
"I can get one of the girls board games from their room." Neil suggested.
"Ok then." Haydn agreed.
So Neil then left to get a game. Once he was back, both he and Haydn started to play the game whilst waiting for Haydn's parents, Ant and Anne Marie to finish talking.