0.1

edited <3

the killers - glamorous indie rock & roll

     The white specks floated around my head twirling and mixing into my brown hair. Winter was always my favorite season, whether it be because of the excuse to dress lazy or because with one step outside you can step into a winter wonderland. The small town I was born into always snowed the moment the day it turned cold. Some called it a curse others considered it a blessing; I was one of the ones to consider it a blessing.

      "Rue!" The screechy voice screams my name, causing a few customers to glance around. "Get your ass back to work, this is your last warning." The last words cause a twinge of pain to twirl in my chest as I step back inside the diner. Nodding my head at the manager, I grip the notepad in my hands and walk over to Mrs. and Mr. Gabs, the towns local elderly couple.

     "Hello, may I start you with today's special?" A facade smile covers my face as the stench of coffee lingers in the air. They quickly reject, ordering the usual that they always get, eggs and toast. Nodding my head I walk over to the kitchen giving the line cook the order. 

    A bell chimes as the diner door is pushed open, a pair of snow claded shoes step inside immediately covering the welcome mat in white powder.  The shoes shuffle to one of the stools placed at the high-bar, along with a face everyone in town knew so well; Johnny Black. The town's infamous "bad boy".

   "Rue," his surprisingly soft-spoken voice speaks, "Come here

   "Rue," his surprisingly soft-spoken voice speaks, "Come here." He motions me over with his fingers, in which I follow.

      Rumors started to swirl around town about him a couple years ago, when we were just seniors in high school. It was said that he sold his soul to the Devil for fame, in which he did end up becoming a well-known singer of the band, Baby. It was a slow rise of fame, but it was still fame. 

     "Hey Johnny! Can I help you with anything today?" I bite down on the end of the pen whilst staring at him. Despite the evil rumors that surrounded him, he truly was the most beautiful man in this town that anyone has seen. Every girl wanted to spend at least one night with him and every boy strived to look like him.

    A smirk held on his face as he stared at me through his thick eyelashes. His thumb swiped along his bottom lip as he sat there observing my body.

      "When do you get off? I'm throwing a party at mine later tonight." By now my manager Cindy had walked over, standing not that far listening in. His elbows rested on the countertop leaning in closer to me, so close he could probably smell the cheap perfume I sprayed on my clothes earlier.

     I cock my head to the side staring into his blue eyes, "Thirty minutes." All he seems to do is nod his head before looking over my shoulder to Cindy who was trying to act like she was busying herself. His eyes flicker back onto mine before going over the outfit I wore; the typical collared diner shirt paired with light blue jeans that clung desperately to my legs.