1.0

edited <3

hole - doll parts

December 21, 2017  

     The floor beds creaked as a slight pressure settled on it all while glistening underneath the fluorescent lights that hung high in the auditorium. Curtains were drawn back inviting the scene to an empty crowd of seats, ones that would soon be filled to the brim with desperate eyes. 

      Desperate eyes that begged to experience and feel whatever show was to be performed in front of them. They didn't care what type of show as long as they felt something. Pain, love, death, birth, it's all they wanted; to feel something outside of their own lives.

      And that's what we were taught to do, put on a show. A show that even if didn't make sense held power and emotion. As long as there was a plot with a beginning and an end that's all they cared for.

      So here I stood trapped in a clinging bodysuit, one that I had no choice of the matter in wearing. With a guy I so desperately wish was a stranger but wasn't. His hands holding tightly on my waist forcing me to stay in place as the music barely ever started to play in the back.

       Nick Thomas. A boy in the same senior class as me who just as well was dating my ex-best friend Juniper. God, if she saw us now I'd be dead twice over. Not that it even mattered, she's wanted me dead ever since I spent that one summer night in the forest with her one and only true love

       "One, two, and three." The dance teacher's voice screams out into the quiet auditorium with the music still quietly playing in the back. 

      We begin moving, our bodies almost seemingly looking as puppeteers on strings. At first it was stiff despite the countless hours we've spent practicing this forsaken dance routine. But then soon shortly it turned into almost something so normal and so swift.

      Dance was everything to me, without it there was no true purpose to my life. It was the only thing that kept me pushing to survive.

      My feet slide almost perfectly against the floor with nothing on them but my own skin. The project was this year was to do something off the norm with a partner of the opposite style. We ended up choosing contemporary dance, a rebellion against modern dancing and ballet. 

      It was new for the both of us but we still ended up mastering it, that's just the way it was.

      The classical music intensifies indicating the most important part of a story, the plot. The climax of the story where people get the most intrigued and feel the most. From here it can go either downhill or have a happy ending.

      "Stop the music." Her voice rings out once again with our bodies still pressed together closely. She always did this, pin pointing the mistakes before we were ever able to finish the routine. "Johnny, you know you can't be in here."