1.6

edited <3

the pretty reckless - kill me

      My eyesight couldn't focus on one thing at one time. There were the trees that passed us at an immersive speed along with the stray souls here and there that would spook me. But then there was the tapping fingers on the steering wheel that caught my eye once in awhile due to how repetitive the noise was to my ears. The fingers to the man that I wasn't sure I adored or believed was to be a facade due to fear, but either way he was something to me. Something he doesn't realize or know; but that wasn't the point.

      The trees looked like blurred lines as we continued to speed down the empty road leading to somewhere I had no clue where was. Yet again, he didn't tell me, he never did. He never told me anything about anything, he was so secretive for no reason. Just like the whole "lost soul" thing, the only thing I knew about it was that I was one and we were on the run for some odd reason. It was frustrating at times.

      "Pete?" My voice weakly says in fear for no reason at all. He says nothing but looks at me with one of his looks. He has many looks, the more time I spend with him the more I figure them out. He was giving me the on with it look. "Why are we doing this?" 

      "Driving? The bus is too crowded." He rolls his eyes as they go back onto the road in front of us. My eyebrows furrow as I try to gather the right words to respond with as he gives me another look. When I've come to learn he only did when he was slightly annoyed. 

      It wasn't that hard to figure out he was in one of his little moods that he gets in once in a while.

      "Nevermind." I turn my body away from him as my forehead rests against the cool glass as even more trees passed by us. Trees, trees, trees, that's all there fucking was. He lets out a loud sigh when all of a sudden my body is being forced towards him with a pair of hands that weren't controlling the vehicle anymore.

     My eyes widen as he gives me a pointed look with the car still speeding freely down the road undriven now. "Rue."

      "Pete." He was growing annoyed by every second, that I could tell. Sinking my teeth into my bottom lip he glares at my face.

      "Fucking say it." It was kind of fun to mess with him when he was like this.

      "You know what I meant. If anything, you should fucking say it." If anything, I should be the one getting annoyed at everything considering I knew nothing about what was going on in this moment.

      There was silence just like how there always was whenever I tried bringing it up, he was so stubborn. A huff of air escapes my mouth as I turn back to the window only to be met with a burgundy wall. My brows furrow as I turn around to come to face with a semi-angry Pete staring down at me. 

      We stood inside of a balcony that over-looked a meeting hall that was filled with a long council table in the middle along with a billion chairs tucked underneath it. There was chatter but I wasn't exactly sure where it was coming from until a group of people showed up out of nowhere taking their seats along the table. I could recognize a couple of the people, grimacing when I see one in particular.

      Lust sat in one of the seats conversing with a girl I haven't met yet or would ever. Even Wrath was here looking beaten up which was kind of funny as he sat there glaring at nothing in particular. I knew some of the other faces but couldn't place names to them except for Gluttony who sat smug at the head of the table feeding in on all the attention he was about to receive.

      A hand rests on the nape of my neck that I lean back into until the grip tightens and it feels like I'm being held in place by a hook. Except it wasn't a hook. It was Pete.