1.5

edited <3

my chemical romance - the world is ugly 

      "So what does being a lost soul entitle exactly?" The question breaks our silence as we take a step onto the crumbled road that would deem deadly if anyone cared to check it. Pete glances over and shakes his head as he crosses over a large crack.

      "There's different types of souls. Lost, Unforgiven, Sold, Regular, and then the Elites. Lost souls are souls that were taken too soon or weren't ready meaning they have no place in Hell or Heaven, which is you."  He explains perfectly in a low voice as we enter the broken down city.

      "Unforgiven are the worst of the souls, the ones you don't want to face. Sold are obvious, they sold their souls and are deemed tortured or useful for the rest of eternity. And Elites are the eight of us. Wrath, Greed, Gluttony, Pride, Lust, Sloth, Envy, and I." He continues on in a low voice despite there being no one else around us. With a quick glance around you would think this place was a ghost town.

       We stop in front of one of the buildings that had its windows bordered up with planks and the door nailed in despite it being beaten in. Dirt surrounded it with no source of plants or life around it making it seem more dreadful than it already was. 

      Each step we take inside the building causes a creak to be heard in the air from the rotten floorboards. My hand grips onto Pete's bicep as we make our way further inside the palace of doom. Noises come from the back room, the first of I've heard since entering this city. Whoever it was, was having a rather loud discussion that consisted mainly of cuss words and yelling.

      The sound of skin hitting skin echos throughout the air as the room showcases off a boxing ring that contained two men inside and a group outside of it cheering them on. One of the men plummets the other into the ground with his fists as yelling continues to be screamed around the ring. 

      "Pete, what are we doing here?" My eyes widen as a pool of blood drips off of the mat and onto the wood floor in front of us. The guy's head rests off the ledge facing us with a lopsided smile that showcased off missing teeth in his mouth. I give him a small smile all the while cringing inside at the sight of him.

      "Pete? Haven't heard that name in a while." Both of our bodies turn around only to face the mysterious guy I remember seeing that one night at the club. The night I left Lust with Pete where our story had officially begun. The story of the two of us and only us.

      "Wrath." Pete nods his head towards him not looking one ounce of amused at all. There was a strange tension in the air that made everything uncomfortable, I'm not sure which person it was coming from though.

      A deep chuckle leaves the mouth of Wrath as he glances between the two of us. He begins to circle around us like we were prey and he was the predator, not one piece of me was comfortable with this at all.

      The two men in the ring continued to sprawl as well as the crowd continued to cheer them on but the only thing I could focus on was the stranger circling Pete and I. It was as if the world disappeared and the three of us were left in a pitch black room with no furniture or sound but the ringing in my ears. Whoever this man was, was not a good one. Even I could sense that.

      "What do I owe this pleasure, Pete?" There was an edge of taunting in his voice that didn't sit right with me. Was he making fun of me?

      "Just came to check up on things or rather you. The place still looks like shit." Pete eyes the room but mainly the people that looked to be out of control. So out of control they didn't give two shits that the Devil himself was in the room. I haven't seen an angry Pete yet but I don't think I'd want to.