0.8

edited <3

the neighbourhood - pretty boy

     The branches underneath our shoes snapped as we continued to walk as a pair into a forest. We had left the city scene only moments ago, but yet still the air felt cold, maybe even colder. The trees though here were low which caused a few rare sun beams to dance around our two bodies that now stood still among the forest.

      In a flash of a blink, a red creature had run past us causing a small scream to leave my mouth in which caused the male next to me to turn around quickly. His brows were furrowed and his lips were partly opening as he gazed down at me in pure confusion.

      "Sorry, I thought I saw something nearby." I give him a sheepish smile as the red creature runs past us once again, this time with him seeing it as well. His facial expressions softens a bit as the strange creature stops a few feet away from us looking up at us with it's glossy beady eyes.

      It was a squirrel, I knew that much at least. But it's coating was a rather vibrant ginger hue with a white ring-tail. It's eyes were pitch black, with ears that stood tall with white fur that matched closely to the tail.

      "Thats a Trechy. Isn't it cute?" He leans down to the ground level with his hand reached out for the small animal.

     "It's a red squirrel." The tiny trechy runs up into his hand almost immediately snuggling into his palm.

     "Don't let him hear you say that!" He gasps and pretends to cover the creature's ears. "No, but really, they're more hardcore than a squirrel."

     We begin walking once again further into the forest with the trechy still in the palm of his hand. It was perched up watching every single move I made, watching to see if I was a threat of some kind.

     "How so?"

     "They eat other animals and in some cases each other. They're harmless to us though, look how tiny it is!" He beams down at it with a smile I've never seen before, a smile that one would wear when only by themselves.

      His smile at the creature makes one appear on my face as well. The trechy makes a chirping noise before jumping out of the palm of his hand and running off into the mess of trees that we were now approaching.

     We continue walking forwards in silence until a faint amount of fog began to form above the dirt ground. His arm reaches out towards me pushing me to stop walking forward. The moment I stare longer at the scene in front of us the more I realize why.

      What stood in front of us were trees taller than what the bare eye could visibly see with fog that grew thicker and thicker the more farther it went. 

     "This is Sloth territory, we have to stop here." He held a focused look on his face, one I wouldn't dare to try to understand. "The animals on the outskirt of towns are fine but in there, they can be vicious."

      My eyes widen as I barely nod my head in understanding, I take a step back in fear of the animals that were merely mentioned. I should've known not everything down here would be peachy, I mean it is Hell after all.

      Despite the trees being deathly tall you could still partially see the sky which from here looked to be an almost loudly emerald green. Dark voluminous clouds lingered in the sky creating a stark contract against the green background. A slight breeze drifted in the air causing the fog to pull almost closer to us.

     It was the type of forest you could only imagine in your daydreams or see on the screen of a theatre. The scene was beautiful, truly beautiful. The leaves swirling around on the floor amongst the fog that stood right at our feet and the sweet smell of caramel that still lingered.