1.7

edited <3

palaye royale - nervous breakdown 

      I was wet. Soaked from head to toe from the water that seemed to weep from the dark cloudy sky. And of course the man next to me looked untouched by it. Dry, completely dry. My arms wrap themselves around my stomach as I peek around at everything. Skyscrapers towered over us as well-polished men and women walked past us also un-touched by everything.

      A shiver ran through my body, I don't know what from but it was there. Pete walks first saying no word as I obediently follow close to him scared of getting lost. It was scary; the buildings and how they just stood there looking down at us. The rain didn't help either with the common thunder sound here and there.

      And the people, God the people.  Their minds seemed overpowered by some curse or a need. It's as if they were chained up by a sickness, a sickness of wanting more than what they have already achieved.

      They all wore suits and never looked you in the eye. Even the wetness of the air couldn't stop them from going where they were destined to be. Wherever there that was.

      "Rue, do you ever get out of those thoughts of yours?" A voice sparks me out of my mind, Pete. He was looking down at me amused, a far different version I've had to deal with it for awhile now. I give him a small smile and turn towards the body that now stood in front of us that wasn't there before.

      The moment our eyes met something in me struck. Pain, sorrow, guilt, a whole rash of emotions that just hit me at once. My stomach twisted as his eyes never once left mine, it was as if he was staring down into my soul with a purpose. Whether it was to cause me pain or discomfort it was working.

       "Ah, Greed." Pete either didn't notice this discomfort in me or simply was ignoring it for later. But there was just something about this man I didn't like or I just found unpleasant. I remember him, I do, he was friends with Rorron. 

      "So this is where she went." Greed raises an eyebrow and still keeping an eye on me. Pete clears his throat and takes a quick peek towards me before taking a step up turning all the attention onto him.

      The moment he turned away all the pain was gone. It made me feel terrible whatever it is he had just done, I hated it. My fingers met behind my back and quickly locked together as I continued to watch the unbothered people pass by. They all seemed so determined and full of knowledge.

      As I continued to watch what seems to be about a hundred people all in line walking in-sync there was one that stuck out. My brows furrow as I connect a gaze with the person who stood off in one of the alleys between the buildings, they were different. They had brown wavy hair that stopped just at their chin and they were dressed in a white peasant dress compared to the others in business clothing.

      They were alluring, the more I stared the more I wanted to go over there to them. My breathing quickly stopped as I felt a tug on my hand that snapped me out of the trance. Pete was looking down at me concerned as I take notice of the now missing person that was just with us. Pete nods towards one of the alleys and starts his way as I turn back to the opposite side of the street to see the strange person now gone as well.

      We enter the dark alley that was lined with garbage bins that seemed filled to the brim with paper? I ignore the strange fulfillment and go back to following Pete inside one of the back doors that welcomed us to some storage room. Through another door we reach a set of elevators that open with ease almost immediately as we take a step inside of it.

       His long finger presses one of the buttons, 18, as I bite my lip quickly looking away from his hands that seemed to be always in sight with my eyes. I couldn't lie when I say that what we had was confusing to the max.