Parting Is Sweet Sorrow

Sarah had a great time after the wedding, talking with those that were present.  She really enjoyed talking with Yamato.  It was clear that he was exceptionally smart, and she could see why he had been tasked with Team Seven for a time.  More than that... she was surprised by how handsome he was as well.  The show had made his face look rather flat, mostly due to the large eyes and the head piece he almost always wore.  His eyes were still larger but had thick lashes that softened them considerably in real life.  Iruka was also a handsome guy, the scar across the bridge of his nose not retracting at all from his features.  Melissa would have been fawning all over him if she saw him now, she was certain of that.  While Kakashi had been what brought them together as friends, she was the only person Sarah had ever met that thought Iruka was hot as hell.  As she regarded the two men, she was actually surprised both men were still single.  What was wrong with the women of the Leaf?

She had started to look to see where Kakashi was at when Naruto's voice suddenly pierced the air in obvious dismay.  "NOW I KNOW WHY YOU LOOKED SO FAMILIAR WITHOUT YOUR MASK!"  He was waving his hands around, drawing almost everyone's attention to him as he pointed at Kakashi with a very red face.  "SUKEA!  You were pretending to be Sukea all this time!!"

Sarah started laughing hard as Kakashi grinned, putting his hand on the back of his neck and gave a nervous chuckle.  The episode where he pretended to be the reporter Sukea was so clear in her mind.  It was the episode where his face was revealed to the fans for the first time.  Oh, he was so toast now.  Those three had tried hard to uncover what was under that mask.  Him supposedly "aiding" in that effort was what was going to bury him now!

"Kakashi sensei, that was totally uncool!  You even acted like you were helping us to unmask you!" Naruto wailed.

"Oh, you are so dead meat," Sakura's voice then growled.

Sarah had to wipe at her eyes as she was almost crying in her laughter.  It was priceless.  Poor Kakashi had all three of his former students glaring at him now.  Yamato gave a slight grin, "Kakashi will be in the doghouse with those three for a while, I think."

"I can't blame them, really, I mean... they really tried to get him that time.  Almost succeeded but he still outsmarted them.  I'm sure he had a great time, though." She agreed as her laughter died down.  "I can't wait to see how he gets out of this one."

Kakashi started backing away from his former students that were starting to converge on him with obvious anger.  "Well thank you everyone for coming but... I think it's time we took our leave."  He beat a hasty retreat, swung Sarah up in his arms causing her to squeal, before almost running out the door.  Yamato and Iruka's laughter followed them out the door.

Sarah laughed and reached into his pocket to pull out his mask.  She put it on him as he carried her quickly back to his place.  "Oh Kakashi.... They are so going to get you later."

Kakashi looked down at her with a smile in his eyes, "They can certainly try."

He reached his home in almost record time she was certain, especially considering he carried her the entire way there.  Sarah was wordless as they came inside to find candle burning all over the home.  Flowers were everywhere and she noticed that all of her personal belongings were stacked in a corner.

"Oh my..." She did cry then, "I love them.  I can't believe they did all this!  I wonder when..."

Kakashi slowly set her down on her feet, a gleam in his dark eyes.  He flung his mask off and it sailed across the room.  He framed her face with his hands, staring into her eyes for a long moment.  She felt warmth spread through her at the look.  It was that possessive look that she absolutely adored, and she had a feeling that he was going to put his mark all over her before he left in the morning.