Unexpected

Sarah flinched as the doctor's stitched her wound closed.  She could feel every poke of the needle, despite the local that they had used.  It made her feel almost nauseas watching and feeling that needle piercing through her skin.  They had healed the internal damage, which had not hit anything vital, but they stitched up the exterior.  It burned like fire each time they stabbed the needle through her flesh.  She had been unconscious the last time she had been stitched up after the accident.  She wrinkled her nose against the desire to vomit.  When she had been impaled, she had been full of adrenaline.  Somehow, this felt worse.

Kakashi was still glaring at her from where he lay in the bed.  His eyes were so red that she she felt remorse again for wounding him.  His emotional outburst earlier had drained his energy once more and he had gone silent.  She was going to be in trouble with him for a while she had a feeling.  She had apologized but it was like trying to put a band-aid on a gaping wound.  At every wound that they had tended to, his eyes had narrowed more.  She would have worried her lower lip if it was not busted the way it was at that time.  At his continual glare, she was starting to get a little annoyed with his anger.  She was fine, she had kicked that woman's ass - for him! What more could she do than apologize for scaring him?  It wasn't like she was that seriously injured.

If Sarah was truthful with herself, she was more annoyed with the overwhelming guilt she was feeling.  She never thought she would see Kakashi cry, let alone be the cause of it.  It had broken her seeing him that way.  If he wanted her to feel remorse, it would be just for that.  It had been easy to leave with him being unconscious.  She knew he would be angry, but she never would have guessed that he would be an emotional mess by her trek after Jaylyn Uchiha.  The door creaked open, and she saw Yamato's head peer around the corner.  Her eyes widened and she hastily motioned for him to get out.  His big eyes widened, and he started to pull back.

"TENZO!" Kakashi yelled.  "In here, NOW!"

"Kakashi, don't you dare yell at him!" Sarah snapped.  "He didn't do anything wrong!"

"The hell he didn't!  He should have captured you instead of assisting you!"

Yamato, aka Tenzo, gave an uncomfortable laugh while putting his hand on the back of his neck.  "Kakashi, I don't think the fires of hell themselves could have stopped her.  You have no idea what she looks like when she's in full chakra mode. It's like looking at a blue Naruto."

Kakashi glared at him, "I'd like to punch you about now."

"Then it's probably a good thing you can't," Yamato shot back.  "You would have been proud of her, Kakashi.  You should have seen the way she engaged Jaylyn Uchiha, it was amazing.  If it had become apparent that she could not hold her own, I would have stepped in.  I was prepared for that, expected that. I didn't have to lift a finger except at the end and that was just so she wouldn't kill her. I spared her that experience."

Kakashi grew silent and shifted his eyes to Sarah.  She shifted under his look and turned away.  She was mad now that he had yelled at Yamato.  He had just been trying to look out for her since she was determined to go.  His assessment was correct, he wouldn't have been able to stop her as hyped up as she had been in those moments.  It was really unfair of Kakashi to rip into his friend who had gone with her, despite being injured himself.  The doctor that had been silent during the exchange tied off the last stitch and collected the blood vials they had taken earlier.

"We'll run some tests on the blood, just to make sure there wasn't any poisoning or anything else transferred to you," he said into the silent room before moving towards the door.

"Thank you," Sarah called after him.

She had to give the doctor credit, he did not seem fazed at all the yelling.  He must have been used to it from patching up Shinobi.  Yamato shifted his eyes to her and smiled with warmth in his eyes.  She had a feeling that in the time they had spent together had formed a friendship that would last a lifetime.  She was thankful for that, she had always liked Yamato too.  She'd never tell Kakashi, but Yamato had been her second crush from the show.  There was a steadiness to him, despite the horrors he had known in his life as well.