We do now

I came to with a thudding headache, eyes closed against the dull pain. The back of my skull throbbed like a whore's heart, I bit out a curse and moved my paw to inspect the damage-except that I couldn't move. Something was restraining my arms. Discovered my legs were immobilized, as well when I attempted to get up. To get up...so I was lying on my side. The violent hum of electricity streaking through the air assaulted my battered head, calling forth a grimace of agony. A steady dripping echoed all around me, but it seemed to come from a single source.

'A runny tap? Or a leak in the roof?'

How long had I been out cold? My mouth was parched and hunger growled in my stomach. I cracked open my eyes to better perceive how deep in shit I was. Blackness continued to engulf me. A tremor of panic vibrated in my core. I was blind, sightless, motionless, restrained. I was as good as dead, a lamb awaiting slaughter. That slight tremor increased in intensity until I physically shook in time with it.

I shook my head. 'It's all a dream. I'll wake up any moment now. Not real, not real.'

I tried to wrench my paw free and felt narrow straps dig into my flesh. I cried out in pain and kept battering at the straps. They sawed deeper, drawing blood, but I was too far gone to notice it. My every instinct forced me to fight this unseen enemy, to escape these bonds.

I snapped my head back, the impact dizzying me for a moment. I hit the cemented wall again and again with the back of my head, pounding away at my restraints. I growled out, a howl mingled with fury and panic. The stuffy air invaded my mouth, causing me to gag. How hadn't I noticed before? The metallic scent of blood mixed with the stench of bleach. My strength was beginning to ebb, the pounding came to a longer interval, my paws beat the painstakingly slow rhythm of a burial march. I drew in ragged breath after another. I was losing the fight to maintain myself awake. I wasn't sure when this happened, the last thing I remembered was going on a walk with Ziva. Not being able to hold on any longer, I gave out slipping into the darkness.

The packs:

'Are you sure about this?' Ty puffed, running towards the park. Ty had was just dropping off his kid when Doug appeared pale and scared. He had hoped the words coming out of his mouth were a mistake. A cruel prank they were playing on him. 'Positive they didn't go into hiding?'

'Positive.' Doug growled. 'We checked the area and all we found was this.'

Ty came to halt. His eyes falling on the three corpses laying on the morning wet grass. Taking a whiff, he whimpered at catching Alex's scent. 'She took these two on.' He gestured to the two laying together. 'That one has Ziva and Alex's scent. What else did you find?'

Doug sighed. 'Tire tracks a few feet over. It's also where their scent trail stops.' He walked over to the side, looking down at a spot in the grass. 'Alpha Alex was injured.'

'What?' Ty trotted over, growling at the sight of fresh blood. 'It's still fresh. Couldn't have been too long ago. Have the pack begin a search. If we are lucky we might be able to pick something up.'

'Anything?' Two brown-black phase wolves broke from the bushes, panting heavily. 'Dough. Ty.'

'Liam. Lake. Blood belongs to Alpha Alex. It's fresh, the pack will begin a search.' Ty said. 'Your end?'

'We found the two assigned to Alpha Ziva at the time. They stated they had been relieved by two others.' Lake stepped forward, glaring down at Ty. 'They were from your pack.'

'What are you saying?' Ty growled. 'That my pack was in on this? No one here is stupid to dare touch our alpha's mate!'

'I am not insinuating anything, but if anything happens to Alpha Da-vid, I will personally rip your pack mates' throats out!' Lake snapped.