Claimed

Note: This chapter is just to get a few things out the way. But I hope you all like it.

As we drove to his place, my mind was trying to work through the last few hours. What did this mean for me? Having found my second mate, was nothing something I had taken into consideration. Hell, I didn't even know that was a thing. If that was the case, what did that mean for me and Gibbs? Was I just not destined to ever be with him? I mean he doesn't even know who I really was. But what would happen the day he finds out about both things. Me being what I am and what he means for me. Glancing towards Nathan, I smiled slightly. Gibbs had decided to take Lisa as his mate. And although he hadn't realized it, he made it clear he picked her over me. He did so the day he threw me out the door. I know, I know. 'But Alex he doesn't know who you truly are.' He still decided her and the mutt over me. As a packmate, I was hurt. As a mate, I was devastated.

"Alex?"

I flinched, not remembering where the hell I was. "Sorry, lost in my thoughts."

He jumped out of the car, jogging to my side and opening the door for me. "Come."

Looking around, I noticed we were in the woods. Pine trees surrounding us completely, with only the path we drove up a clear sign anyone lives here.

Glancing up towards the house I was amazed. It was beautiful. Now I see why they called him midnight. It was a two-story modern house, all black. Nathan places his hand on the small of my back, guiding me up the steps leading towards the double front glass doors. He was quick to open the door for me, allowing me to step in first. Inside I was no less in awe, the entire place was painted black! The foyer held a simple, but elegant chandelier overhead. On my left side, sat a sandy-colored table up against the wall. A small bowl sat there with keys and miscellaneous items. He led me into a room on the left, which ended up being the living room. You had the living room surrounded by a box of three steps. On the wall in front of me was a chimney, inside the box-like area were two black couches. In the middle was a glass coffee table, with a white rug underneath.

"There goes the what's your favorite color question." I took a seat on the couch. Looking up to see a large wolf picture hanging on the wall. A beautiful dark-haired woman sat beside the wolf, her hand resting on his back. "Is that you?"

"Yes, my mother and I." Nathan walked over to his bar, grabbing two glasses. "Want something to drink?"

"Just water please."

"Alright, one cold water coming up." He handed me the glass, as he took a seat beside me. "As for your question, yes black is my favorite color."

"I mean the house pretty much gave it away." I chuckled. "So what is it you actually do for work?" I mean this house wasn't cheap.

He slowly took a sip of his drink. "I work with Hotchner."

"That was vague." But I also knew better than to push someone like him into speaking more than he wanted.

He sighed, placing his glass of what looked like whiskey on the coffee table. "Sorry, work talk is the last thing on my mind right now."

"I know, I am just trying to break the ice."

"I thought that kiss broke it already. I mean it got my blood boiling." Nathan tossed his head back with a low growl. "Want a repeat, see if that helps."

I shoved him on the arm. I mean I wouldn't mind a repeat, but I needed to sort all of this out. "Knock it off, we need to talk seriously."

He chuckled, putting on the weakest attempt to look serious. "You're right. Okay, I am serious now."