Twins

Ziva pulled a face, wrapping her arms around her stomach. "My water broke and I really wanted this meeting to be over." We all froze for a moment, not truly grasping what she had dropped on us. "Hello? I am in labor!"

That snapped us out of it. Ned was quick to gather her in his arms and ran off with her. The rest of us took off towards the house. We were too far from any hospital, so the compound was our best option. I found strange the fact I wasn't able to smell her pups. Was she hiding the scent? No, that was impossible. Only she-wolves had that ability. Right now, I should be able to smell blood or the pups alone.

'Ty, I need you to set up Eyal's place. Get everything we need for the arrival of the pups.'

'Pups?'

'Yeah, Ziva is in labor.'

'Holy shit! Is she okay? Are the pups, okay? What exactly am I getting? Wait, I know. Don't worry I am on it.'

Suddenly I don't think Ty was the best one to call. 'Hurry up, we are about five mins out.'

'On it.'

Of course, Ty didn't worry about keeping his mouth shut. The packs were all gathered around, waiting for their alpha female. Birth had always been a big deal in the packs. It was the continuation of our kind and blood. But the birth of alpha pups was a whole different track. It was the birth of new leaders, protectors. Pushing past, the wolves Ned carried Ziva into her bedroom. Nathan and Clay stayed behind, keeping the curious wolves at bay. I gathered the pillows around the bed, creating a small nest around Ziva.

Ziva glanced around confused. "Ah-what are you doing?"

I froze with a few pillows in my hand. "Shit, sorry. My instincts were kicking in. She-wolf creates a nest around herself. Sort of like a safe space for her pups." To my surprise, she grabbed the pillows from my hand and settled them around her. "Ned, get the midwife." Waiting until he was out, I took her hand in mine. "Ziva, what's going to come next is the hardest part. For a human, this will be twice as painful. Just breath through it and listen to whatever they tell you."

A short elderly woman stepped into the room. She was one of the elders in the packs. Arat had been in Eyal's pack since it was first created. She helped deliver the first alpha and everyone after that. With all the calm energy in the world, she helped Ziva get into position. Her eyes scanned for the room with a frown. "Where is the male?"

"Ma'am, Eyal is still not well." I reminded the older woman.

"I know that young luna." She shook her head. "The alpha Ned Stark."

"Ah, he is outside."

"There must be an alpha male present in the room." She reminded. "If not him, then bring your mate."

"My mate, not the best idea." I chuckled. Nathan may not be Ziva's mate or alpha, but leave him in the room with pups and he will become possessive. "Ziva?"

"N-ned is fine." She groaned, squeezing down on my hand.

Had I not been what I was, my hand would have been broken by now. "Ned!" But that didn't mean it wasn't hurting. "Ned get your ass in here!"

The clearly overwhelmed man stumbled into the room. If it weren't for the current situation, I would have laughed. "What?"

"Eyal can't be here." I reminded him. "You need to take over. The pup needs to feel an alpha male's presence. There also needs to be an alpha with Ziva." I knew Ziva didn't know, so I wasn't going to mention the second reason. "Besides, I need to go out there and help the others."

Nathan took my spot by her side. "I got her." He stopped me before I could walk out. "Make sure you have the others keep the males away."

"Understood." Leaving her in his hands, I rushed out of the room. Being so close to another female in labor was stirring my pups going. "Settle down you two. There is no way in hell you are popping out now."