Betrayal

The rest of the night was pretty much normal. Ziva had set up a pile of blankets on the floor next to her bed. Of course, halfway through the night, I had jumped up on her bed and under the covers. She really thought I was going to stay on the floor? Ha!

By the time morning came around, it was all normal. We went for a run, grabbed a coffee and muffins, and came home. Ziva worked a little on her computer, while I simply laid around. Around 5 pm she jumped into the shower and began getting ready for her date.

I on the other hand was pacing non-stop in the living room. Once Ziva left, I would head to Elston's cabin. I wasn't sure what he wanted me to say or do. In fact, I wasn't even sure what to say. I mean I know what I must do, but I never thought it would be this soon.

"What do you think?" Ziva suddenly appeared in the living room.

Glancing towards her, I was stunned. She looked amazing. She wore a slim, elegant black cocktail dress. With an open back and diamond neckline.

'You look amazing!' I yelped. 

"I'll take that as a yes." Glancing at the clock, she squealed. "I need to hurry!" As if on cue, the doorbell rang just as she grabbed her purse.

I pushed to the front, wanting to get a good look at the man. 'Whoa.'

Eyal had his hair neatly combed back and his go-tee neatly trimmed. He wore all black, with a black blazer and a two-button open shirt. In his hand he held a single red rose, holding it out for Ziva. "Wow, you look absolutely stunning."

Ziva giggled, fighting to control the blush creeping up her neck. "Thank you, you don't look bad yourself."

"It took a long time to get the clean cut of myself." Eyal laughed. "Here, this is for you."

Taking the rose, she smiled softly. "Thank you, it's beautiful. Let me just put it in water and we can leave." Walking towards the kitchen she called out to him. "You can come in."

Eyal stepped into the apartment, closing the door behind him gently. That's when he kneeled in front of me and patted me softly on the neck. "Hello, beautiful."

'That charm isn't going to work on me. I need to know wha-oh!' His hand moved just behind my ear, scratching that one spot. 'Oh, wow.' I couldn't help, but lower my head and allow my mouth to open in content. 'Still, don't think I will be won over by-uh right there.'

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of her." Eyal spoke just low enough for me to hear. "You don't have to worry about her. And I promise she will be back in one piece and happy."

I was too distracted with the ear scratch to really care what he was saying. 'Yeah, yeah, just keep going.'

"I swear under all that growling and snarling is the biggest puppy ever." Ziva walked back in from the kitchen, shaking her head at the scene.

Eyal shrugged. "Ready."

"Yeah, Luna behave." Ziva called out.

I rolled my eyes, pretending to head towards the room as she shut the door. Rushing to the window, I waited till I saw Eyal's black car drive out. Using my snout, I shoved the screen out and slipped down from the fire escape.

Elston was already waiting for me in wolf form. 'Thought I was going to have to go break you out.'

'Please, I have escaped from tougher places.'

'So I have heard.' Trotting down the steps, he stood just in front of me. 'Come, let's go to the lake.'

We laid at the edge of the bank, watching as a pair of ducks with duckling swim by. I couldn't help, but begin to see myself with a litter of pups trailing behind me. Regardless of what I know I must do, having pups has always been my dream.