Telling the Gang and my Parents

I wear a baggy black t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I dress a lot differently, but I do my hair in loose curls and my make-up like I would any other day. I walk in front of the mirror and smile when I see that my stomach is hidden so the gang won't know until I tell them. Today's the day! Today is my first day seeing the whole gang since the party which was two months ago. Two moths ago, I got pregnant. I smile as I put my hand on my not so small belly.

I glance at the time 5:54 Soda should be here any minute. I slowly walk downstairs not wanting the baby to get hurt, by the time I get down stairs I hear a knock and walk over to be greeted by Sodapop. "Hello dear," I smile pecking his lips.

"Hey love." He smiles at me then my tummy. "Hey baby."

"I think we'd name him or her a unisex name. You like?" I ask him smiling. "I like Jordan, Cassidy, Taylor, Bailey, Peyton, Angel, Jayden, Dakota  Cameron, Jamie, Ryan, and Spencer."

"Hmm, I like Jordan, Peyton, Jayden, Dakota, Jamie, Ryan, and Spencer,"  he smiles telling me he likes the idea.

"My favorites out of those are Jayden, Jordan, Peyton and Dakota."

"Out of those, Jayden and Dakota."

I smile at him, "so which shall it be?"

"On the count of three," he suggest. I nod. "One."

"Two."

"Three."

"Dakota," we both say in unison then break out in smiles. 

"Dakota, baby Dakota," I smile to myself as he places a hand on my stomach. I place my hand on his before we pull into the driveway.

"Ready?" He asks. I smile and nod eagerly as I get out of the car.

We walk into the house and immediately Two-bit jumps up and runs towards me, "Dylan! Dylan! Dylan!" He engulfs me in a tight hug.

I gasp, "need air now Two-bit."

"Hey Two easy," Soda commands. "Don't want to kill her."

"Or Dakota," Soda and I mumble.

"Dinner," Darry calls from the kitchen and we all sit down. "For the girls, chicken quesadillas and for the boys and I burgers."

"Thanks Dar," we all smile as we paw at the food shoving it down our mouths. I have two people to feed so I eat more than usual and twice as fast. Which is not a good idea. When I'm done eating I get really nauseous and I stand up looking at Soda, "I'm gonna use the bathroom."

"You okay love?" He asks.

"Just peachy," I smile weakly putting a hand on my stomach.

"Okay," he nods signaling for me to go. 

I quickly walk to the bathroom and sit on the floor waiting until it happens. I grab the toilet seat and throw up being careful not to get any on the floor. I lean against the wall until it happens again, but this time worse. I finally finish and get up trying to recollect my composure. I wash out my mouth with mouth wash, splash some cold water on my face being careful not to mess up my make-up and wash my hands. 

I walk out to see the gang on the couch. "Are you okay?" Ponyboy asks.

"Perfect," I smile as I lean down at kiss Soda's cheek. 

"We have some news," Soda replies pecking my lips.

"Soda!" I shriek happily.

"Sorry babe, but you missed before," he laughs.

"I'm confused. Soda she was just throwing up," Johnny gags.

"Yea, but knowing her she used mouthwash," he smiles before pecking my lips again.

"I did," I say in a high-pitched voice.

"Okay then," Dally says slowly.

"Dyl, if you aren't feeling well, we can go home," Lexi offers.

"No! We haven't told you our news," I say in a duh tone.

"You two are back together done," Two-bit say assuming that's our news.

"Well yes, but no," I smile. "You see boys," I slowly take off my baggy sweatshirt to revel a much tighter tank-top showing off my bump. "We're pregnant with baby..."

"Dakota," Soda finishes before kissing my belly.

"Oh my gosh!" Pony yells as he walks over and looks at my now fat belly. "I'm gonna be an uncle!"

"Oh my god! Boy or girl! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!" Lexi squeals as she rushes over to me. "Dakota cute for a boy or girl. Unisex name! Perfection."

"Thanks, and we're not quite sure. My doctors appointment is in a week and we won't know the gender for a while," I inform.

"Ah! Who cares, I'm gonna be an auntie. My kid sister is having a baby. My sister is pregnant. Oh my! Does mom know? Is dad ready to KILL Sodapop?" She laughs still talking really fast and jumping for joy.

"I'm telling them tonight," I inform her nervously chuckling.

"Oh," she says shyly. "Okay."

**************

"Mom! Dad! I need to talk to you!" I shout into the house as I walk inside. Soda's waiting for me outside in-case it doesn't go well.

"We're coming Dylan," my mom yells back down to me.

"Okay, I'll be in the dinning room," I yell back to her and sit in the dinning room until I see them. "Hey guys. Well, I um, I have some news. Not bad well kind of bad, but really good at the same time."

"Well spit it out hunny," my dad says already growing impatient. He's always been like that, rude, impatient, and mean, but he's my dad.

"Well, I'm pregnant," I tell them. "The baby's name is Dakota and we're not sure if it's a boy or a girl. I have an appointment soon and we'll find out the gender in three months."

"How? When? Where? Why? Who?" Is all my dad says.

"How, I think the obvious way, I had sex and the condom broke. When, about two months ago. Who, my boyfriend, Sodapop. Who else? Where, here when nobody was home. You two are almost never home.  Why, it just kind of happened. It was a mistake, but I still love Dakota. So there that answers all your questions," I answer laughing at some of them.

"This isn't a joke sweetie," my mom says calmly.

"I want her out," my dad screams.

"Dad, I'm your daughter," I say kind of hurt.

"No, you're not! I am disappointed in you and my daughter would never do such a thing! I don't even know who you are. Ever since Kendall died, you've changed. Now I want you out of my house that I pay for!" He yells.

"Fine, if that's the way you two feel. I hope you enjoy having one kid because, that's all you have left!" I yell at them as I run upstairs. I throw a ton of my stuff into a small duffle bag and rush out of the house. I could hear my mom yelling behind for me to stay, but it's obvious, I'm not wanted in that house. I'll have Lexi bring me my stuff tomorrow. I'll be living at the Curtis house.