Forgive and Forget

I flutter my eyes open and look over to see Sodapop asleep in the chair next to the bed I'm in. I close my eyes lightly due to a pounding headache. Where am I? Why am I here? I look around the room slowly until I release, I'm in the Curtis house in Soda's room. Then all the memories come back, Kendall Jane Jeuggers, the dinner, no dinner, walking with Sodas, the Socs, getting jumped, Soda beating up the Socs, and blacking out. I look over to Soda and mumble, "Soda! Soda! Wake up! Sodapop!"

He groans before opening his eyes, 'Dylan?"

"Hey," I smile. "Can you lay with me?"

"You want me to?" He asks happily with a glimmer of hope in his eyes. I nod before sliding over. He climbs happily into bed. I snuggle up to him before laying my head onto his chest. I fall asleep nuzzled up to my best friend, Sodapop. Before I fall asleep I hear him whisper, "goodnight Dylan. I love you so much."

"I love you too Sodapop," I whisper back. As I say that I feel his grip tighten and I close my eyes falling asleep.

*******

"Awe! Look at that," I hear somebody say.

"Shut up Two-bit, they look so happy together. Don't they?" I hear a girl's voice that was so familiar say. Lexi.

"Yea, what she said," I'm guessing that was Dally.

I flutter my eyes open at to see, Two-bit, Lexi, and Dally were hovering over us. I shake Soda gently so he would wake up. "Morning," he says in a hot morning voice.

"Morning," I smile to him biting my lip. I turn to the other three, "may I talk to Soda alone please? We have a lot to talk about."

"Okay, have fun," Lexi winks.

"But, not to much fun," Two-bit shouts.

I roll my eyes and turn to Sodapop, "I miss you." 

"I miss you too Dyl," he replies.

"Soda," I croak. "I don't want to go on like this. I need the gang. I need you. Please, can we just go back to way things were?"

"I would love that. I think we shouldn't go all the way back. Can you please just forgive me? I want a redo," he admits.

"Forgive and forget," I smile as I hug him tightly.

"When should we redo it?" He asks.

"Tomorrow night?"

"I would love that."

"I would too."

"You know what I would love more?" He asks me winking.

"No," I giggle.

"I'll see you tonight for our date. Pizza?"

"I would love that more too. I'll see you later Sodapop. Goodbye."

"Goodbye," he says as I walk out running to my house to get ready for my date.