Facing Darry

This chapter is short, but really really really important

I walk into the Curtis house timidly as I grip Soda's hand. As I see Darry I squeak out a low, "hello Darrel."

"Hello Dylan," he sits up right.

"I-I-I'm back together with Sodapop," I inform him. "I'm also pregnant with his baby."

"I think we need to talk....Alone," Darry commands calmly.

"Okay," Soda says as he walks out of the room leaving me with Darry. He gestures for me to sit next to him and I do as he says.

"What happened that night? I remember it, but I don't want to believe it," I confess.

"You kissed me," he lies.

I look at him with pure anger, "you kissed me and I tried to tell you no!"

"No! You're lying!" He shouts back.

"You told me you loved me," I say as tears form in my eyes. "How could you do that to me? To Soda? To the gang?.....To yourself?"

When he sees the pain in my eyes he turns back into the Darry I know as he pulls me into a hug, "I know kid. I'm sorry about what happened that night. I'm so sorry. You were drunk and I knew it was my only chance to tell you how I felt. When I woke up the next morning I felt terrible so I wrote a note and ripped it in half. I meant to give the side that read, sex with Dylan Rose Jueggers, but instead gave you, Darrel James Curtis had. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm so sorry, I pushed you into it."

"I didn't want to do it," I sob into his chest. "I didn't want it to happen and now I can never forget it happened."

"I'm so sorry Dylan," he's crying at this point too as he hugs me tightly. "I'm so sorry I did this to you. I'm sorry."

"Darry," I sob. "I didn't mean for this to happen. I love you like a brother and I didn't want this to happen. It was awful and now I'll never forget. It's always gonna hurt."

"I'm sorry. I'm so so so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry Dylan. I'm sorry."

"I know Darry. I know. It felt so wrong the morning after. I knew something bad had happened and now I know what happened. I didn't say yes, I said no and it still happened. It hurts so bad Darry. It hurts."

"Can you ever forgive me Dylan? I'm so sorry. I hate to admit it, but I was drunk too. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm so sorry I did this to you, but please understand I was drunk too. I would of never done it if I wasn't."

"You're forgiven Darbear. I love you like a brother."

"I love you too Dyl-pickle like a sister and only a sister. I'm so sorry."

"I know, you are Darry. I know you are."