Nothing Gold Can Stay

"I hate you Rylee!" I shouted to her.

"I wish you would drop dead!" She screamed back at me getting all in my face.

"Do you remember the last person you said that to?" I asked her at this point my body over flowing with anger.

"No," she replied still furious.

"Kendall you said that to her the day she died!" I yelled.

"Well maybe it was a good thing she's dead! She was a worthless piece of shit just like you and Lexi!" She screamed,

"Get out! I hate you Rylee! I hate you!" I yelled trying not to cry.

"I hate you too Dylan! I hope you drop dead just like Kendall," she yells as she slams the door shut signalling that she's gone.

I scream loudly as the tears pour down my face. I rip all my pictures with me and stupid and Rylee. I shatter the frames she's in as I yell. I wipe off my dresser as I sob. I hope she dies. I place my head against the wall as I scream. Lexi comes rushing to my side, "oh my god Dylan! What happened? This is what your room looked like after..."

"No, Rylee and I just got into a huge fight," I cry.

"I know, we all fight with Rylee. She's a troubled girl. I know I shouldn't say this, but I don't think I'd miss her that much if she was gone," she whispers.

******

I sit in the living room at  midnight eating a bowl of ice cream watching the door, Rylee should of been home by now. I sit there watching T.V. as I ball my eyes out. She has to come home. She's probably just at a party or something. I hear somebody coming down the stairs and I whip my head around to see a crying Lexi, "is she home? Please tell me she came home tonight. Please." I stay silent. "Please Dylan." I shake my head no.

"I know something's wrong Lexi, I can feel it. She's not okay, I know she isn't," I choke out in between sobs.

"I know," she admits as she sits next to me and we curl up together crying when we hear a knock on the door. 

"I got it," I sigh as I wipe tears off my cheeks walking over to the door and swinging it open to see police. "Uh, hello?" 

"Are you the mother of Rylee Jueggers?" He asks.

"No, I'm her sister," my voice cracks. "Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay. I'll bail her out of any trouble just say she's okay,"

"We're sorry miss, she got shot," he says. Right there I fell apart in front of him. "She was asking for Lexi and Dyl though. She's still alive but, in critical condition."

Lexi and I hop into the cops car and drive in silence until we get there. Once we do Lexi and I dart into Rylee's room. I look over at my sister who is on the verge of death, "Dylan. Lexi."

"We're here. We're here baby girl," I say softly as I sit next to her grabbing her hand ever so softly as Lexi does the same.

"I'm sorry for never being there for you. I just wanted to be tough. I don't hate you though, I love you," she cries. "I'm gonna die, but to be completely honest I want to. I want to see Kendall again and say I'm sorry. I just needed to let you two know that I do love you and I am sorry. I know I've been a waste of space my whole life, but I do care about you."

"We know Rylee, we know," I cry holding her hand.

"I'm just sorry.I am truly so so so sorry. I love you so much. Please remember me like this and not that other bitch I was, I love you Dylan. I love you Lexi. Goodbye," she whispers weakly as she closes her eyes her face goes pale.

Beeeeeeeeeep!

Lexi and I sit there huddled together in tears, shattered to pieces. I love her. Now she's gone.