After the Rainfall: Please Don't Go (Episode 26)

After the Rainfall: Episode 26

"Please Don't Go"

February 1st — 5:30 PM
———————————————————
Heights Alliance — Class 1-A Dormitory

Several days pass since Shoto's birthday, and the students of Class 1-A are all gathered around Izuku and Ochaco at the center of the living room. The class has been ecstatic over the past few weeks, preparing everything that they need for Ochaco's baby despite being only nearly one month into pregnancy.

Toru: Ochaco, here's some tea! I read somewhere online that it can help with soothing problems from pregnancy!

Ochaco: Oh, thank you, I'll be sure to-

Mina: Ochaco, Ochaco! Here, take this!

Mina and Tsuyu hand Ochaco a small, hand-knit sweater fit for a newborn. The sweater has little pictures of frogs, and pink aliens on it's pattern.

Tsuyu: What do you think, ribbit ribbit?

Mina: Tsu and I worked hard on it all week! It's really cute, isn't it?

Ochaco: It looks really great! Thanks, you two.

Mina: By the way, would you rather have a girl or a boy?

Ochaco: You know, I don't really care about that, honestly...

Izuku: As long as our baby is strong and healthy, I'll be really happy.

Toru: I can't believe out of all the girls in our class, you're the first to have a baby!

Ochaco: I know, it's super exciting, isn't it?!

Katsuki walks up to Izuku, and lightly elbows him on the shoulder. The two quickly share a laugh.

Katsuki: Y'know, I never expected a loser like you to ever become a dad first.

Izuku: Ouch, that's mean...!

Katsuki: Don't start slacking off now, Deku. While you're busy trying to be a parent, I'm just going to become stronger and stronger until I leave you in the dust.

Izuku: You wish! I'm going to become the number one hero, AND a number one dad! Isn't that right... uhhh...?

Izuku looks over to Ochaco's belly. He eyes it for a few seconds before speaking up.

Izuku: We haven't decided on a name yet, haven't we?

Ochaco: Oh, that's right. Gosh, that's a hard question...

Katsuki: Pfft — Why don't you name it "Deku" so the baby's an accurate depiction of it's father?

Izuku: I'm not calling my baby "useless"!

Ochaco: How about "Dekiru", so that our baby can believe they can do anything?

Izuku: We could do a name combination, like... "Ochaku" or "Izuko".

Kyoka: Pfft — Ahahaha... Okay, now that's silly.

Denki: Aren't your parent's names "Kyotoku" and "Mika"?

Kyoka: Be quiet, dummy...

Izuku: How about... "Hisashi"?

Ochaco: Deku, isn't that...?

Izuku: Ah... Never mind, it's a stupid idea...

Katsuki: *Eye Roll* Here we go again...

Izuku: It's just that... I'm a little scared. Of course, I'm super happy, but I might not know how to be a proper father since... mine was never really around much...