Be Us Against The World?

One week later

April walked into the laundry room to see Jackson and Lexie making out, "Would you two get a room? This is the second time this has happened this week."

"Says you." Lexie said lowly.

"At least I actually close the door before getting screwed. I don't just do it out in the open unlike someone I know." April shot back.

Jackson was about to say something but April held up her finger and cut him off, "Nuh-uh. Shut it. I don't want to hear anything else from either of you. Now, would you two kindly take that some place else so that I can put my laundry in the washing machine?"

They reluctantly and rudely walked out. Meredith walked in, having heard the whole thing, "Good going, Kepner. That was funny."

"Uh- thanks?" April asked confused.

"We're about to be fourth years. Isn't that crazy?"

"Yeah. It really is. I can just remember when all of us came here on our first day as second year transfers, but we got treated like interns because they didn't know us yet." April recalled, laughing.

"God, yeah. I hated everyone here..." Meredith said, she stopped for a minute then blurted out, "Cristina and Owen are getting married."

April was extremely caught off guard, "Huh?"

"I needed to tell someone. I'm sorry."

"No it's fine. I'm just confused. When did they get back together?"

"I'm not exactly sure. It's very on and off with them which is why I'm so scared about them getting married."

"And you're entitled to that because I didn't even know that they were together. Talk to her about it." April advised.

"But what if she gets mad?" Meredith asked.

"That's on her. Boo hoo poor Cristina got mad. No one cares." April joked. Meredith laughed.

"Thanks, April. Gotta run, see you later?"

"Yeah."

The next morning

April and Jackson's rooms were still beside one another, so she heard it when he woke up with a nightmare again. Lexie probably hadn't handled this before, but April definitely had. So she decided to get up and go help. When she walked in she saw Lexie freaking out, Jackson freaking out, it was chaos. She ran over to the bed, "Jackson, hey. It's April. It's okay. You're safe. See? Look." She pointed around the room, "You're okay." She reassured. He began to calm down when he realized that he wasn't, you know, being stolen by his no good father or held at gunpoint by a lunatic. She rubbed his arm and comforted him some before leaving, she didn't want Lexie to get too jealous.

April went downstairs to get breakfast when she saw Meredith and Derek getting physical on the couch, "Oh, God!" April yelled while turning away, "Why? You have a room!" She then said a bit quieter, "I never wanted to see that in my entire life."

Derek was mortified but Meredith was just laughing, April then said again, "I'm gonna go to the kitchen, and I'm hoping that you two will discreetly find your way back to your bedroom. Please." April said while escaping to the kitchen. Everyone had a couple days off because when they came back they would be fourth years! The only reason Derek was here today was because he had the day off as part of his normal schedule. But why the couch? Of all places... the couch?

15 minutes later

April was downstairs doing some work on her computer and drinking coffee when Jackson came down. He got some coffee and was occupying himself with something around the kitchen. There was a very awkward aroma in the room, so April spoke up and said, "They're getting better."