We'd Keep All Our Promises

10 weeks later

"First day back. I can do this. Right? Yes. I can do it." April told her reflection.

Lexie knocked on the bathroom door, "April! I gotta pee! Hurry up!"

"God, can you wait a minute? There are multiple bathrooms for a reason!" April said before coming out and letting Lexie in. Everyone was ready, Derek and April included. In the past few weeks, Lexie had had some PTSD issues, along with Cristina. April and Jackson had been at each other's throats, and not in the good way. Derek and Meredith were good except for the fact that Derek was being a McAss.

Everyone was in the car by now, and the seating arrangement is very important. Why? Not important right now. They were all in Meredith's new car. Meredith driving, Derek in the passenger seat, April, Alex, and Cristina in the middle row, and Jackson and Lexie in the back. The whole car ride was pretty quiet, April and Cristina were sulkily looking out of their designated windows, Alex in the middle, but he wasn't near as awkward as usual. Jackson and Lexie were talking about something quietly in the back, and Meredith and Derek were in the front talking. When they arrived at the hospital April was first out, she stormed into the hospital angrily and Alex went after her.

"April? What's wrong?" Alex asked while walking into the on call room after April.

"It's Jackson and Lexie. They're just so... gross!" April ranted.

"April-" Alex reasoned.

"No! They're dating. She started dating him literally a week after she broke up with Mark because he's a whore."

"You can't blame her for breaking up with him because he got Torres pregnant..."

"I know! But she got with my ex! We were friends! You don't just sleep with your friend's exes."

"Well, you're not exactly in the right here either..." Alex reminded.

FLASHBACK

2 weeks before

April was in her room, lying on her bed upset. Her and Jackson just had a petty fight about nothing and everything. Alex came to check on her, as always, "Apes, you okay?"

"No."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"No."

Alex layed by her, "April, you can't keep letting him do this to you. You gotta stand your ground."

"I'm trying. He just always gets to me. I can't get over him."

"You can always fix that." Alex said.

"What do you mean?" April asked. They were both staring at the ceiling.

"Find a rebound."

"How?"

"Joe's is good."

"All the guys at Joe's are nasty. It also gives me very unpleasant flashbacks."

"Then get a nurse. They're good rebounds. Trust me." Alex said while laughing. April started laughing too.

"They're all probably diseased by their female counterparts."

"Right." Alex said while laughing.

April was still laughing, and she kind of said this as a joke at first, but she didn't know if she was truly joking or not, "It could be you."

Alex was still laughing, "What?"

But she didn't answer, instead she kissed him. He didn't pull away at first, but after a minute he did. "April. We can't. You know we can't."