Frat House

Message from the writer: This chapter is a flashback because I was pre-writing some chapters and some things didn't line up so I need to write this to make it line up.

2 weeks earlier

All of the residents were together at Joe's and April brought up a problem she and Madelyn had been having recently, "Hey, Mer. I know that George, Jackson, and Alex all live at your house, right?"

"Yeah..." Meredith said skeptically.

"Maddie, I'm sorry for bringing this up but we need help and you know it just as well as I do," April said while looking at Madelyn and then back at Meredith, "Maddie and I have been having a lot of trouble paying our rent, her dad and stepmom said they would pay for it but low and behold, they aren't. We're about to get evicted. Is it alright if we come and stay with you guys for a while?"

"Sure, I don't care. We've got plenty of room."

"Thank you so much, Meredith. How much do we have to pay per month?"

"Oh, you don't have to do that."

"I actually kind of do because I'll get really guilty if I don't and if my mom finds out I'm staying somewhere rent-free she'll think I'm sleeping with one of them." April said after taking a drink and Madelyn laughed.

"Okay, just like $100 bucks a month. It really doesn't matter." Meredith said sympathetically.

April smiled, "That works! Thank you so so much, again."

"Yeah, thanks Mer." Madelyn said.

Alex came over, "What's going on over here?"

"April and Madelyn are moving in." Jackson informed.

"Seriously? I'm gonna have to live in the same house as Kepner?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, you are. Get over it." April said unapologetically.