The Arrival

Madelyn walks to the luggage return with April hoping to see the luggage quickly. "I am so excited about being second-year residents! That little podunk hospital we worked at in Baltimore was just not it. I know we still have to wait 4 days, but it's just so exciting!" Madelyn says while looking for her bags.

"Mads, I'm excited too, but you realize that after this first shift, you're going to be asking yourself why you were so excited. We have to start with a 48 hour shift!! 48 hours!" April says.

"I know, I know. Oh! There's our luggage." Maddie goes and grabs their luggage and they head to their apartment.

At the apartment

"This is our apartment? It's huge!" April says with her eyes huge. She puts her bags down inside.

"I know!! It's amazing isn't it? Now, we need to start decorating and furnishing to make this the best it can be." Maddie answers.

"Wait wait, how are we going to afford this?" April asks.

Maddie clears her throat "Uh, Apes, all 3 of my parents are great doctors, I live in a large house in Baltimore..."

April answers "Oh yeah..." she starts laughing.

"Now let's get to it!" Maddie says while laughing.

"Good idea."

3 days later

"Are you ready for our 'first day' of work?" April asks.

"Duh!! Why wouldn't I be? I am pumped!" Maddie answers while jumping up and down. April laughs.

"Okay then! We better get some sleep, after all, we're gonna be awake for a billion hours. Goodnight, love you!" April disappears into her bedroom.

"Night Apes, love you too." Madelyn goes into her room as well and goes to sleep.