35

"Luna,honey,they've brainwashed you.You can go,you can leave and go home with us,your family." Libby's calm voice was comforting,reminded me of home.

Thats what I wanted,home.This whole thing was so that me and Payton could go home.I longed for a home,but life was too complex for that.

"We're her family" Avani interrupts

"Some family you are," Harry scoffs, "Look at the state of her.She looks like a maniac,she might even be on drugs you guys are not her family" he had that time in his voice,the one he gets when he starts to get pissed off.

I thought I was conflicted before,well I'm definitely conflicted now.Do I choose to stay with my home friends,go back to life before the drama.Be quiet small town Luna with her amazing group of friends.Or do I choose them,this life on the road,my real dad,Payton.

I turn to him,teary eyed,"come with me" I ask,plead.

He bows his head down,breaking the eye contact.

"You know he can't" Grace adds,Miles cuts her off,"Luna if he goes back the police will get him.He has no choice but to stay with us"

"Payton,look at me..." I sob,screaming it louder when he doesn't respond.

He just looked at the ground,not a single reaction to the pain in my voice.Why would he do this.He loves me.

"I..I can't choose"  I whisper in defeat

The room goes silent for a few moments, no one knows what to say.Nobody wants to force me to go with them,they all understand it's my personal choice.But at the same time they're in shock that I can't choose a side.

i mean,it's simple.Choose the friends you've known your lifetime,the friends whose parents knew yours,knew your real dad.Choose to go back and see your grandparents,choose to go back to normal life.

But something about the past few months was so thrilling to me.All I desired was to go home,but now the chance is being offered to me,I don't think I want to.

"Who says you have a choice in the say?" Jack says walking over to us.Taking slow,threatening steps.

Jack,Payton's probation officer.

fuck

"Jack..I-"

"Save the explanation mister.You and Luna are going home with me.And then we're going to have a long chat about this stunt you pulled."he pauses,studying the rest of the group that Payton is with,"And you kids better get home before I report you to the police."

Without saying a word Jack turns around leaving the room with slow,heavy steps.The tone of his voice was enough to tell me that he's deadly serious,and that Payton and I have no choice.

Jack told me it was best I ride in the car with my friends,Payton and him had to chat.I don't know what about,but it can't be good.

I sat in the left back seat of the car,Libby beside me and Elise next to her.Ben and Harry were figuring out the way home,by following Jack.

Resting my head against the window,I look out at the blues of images,the blur of trees and bushes,sheep and cattle.And just like the view from the car,the memories of the past few months whiz through my head.

I'm probably never gonna see them again.My dad,what's going to happen to him?Not that I care anyway.

Libby reaches over to play with my hair,she must think I'm alseep.But I'm not,I'm stuck in my split realities,my split personalities,my split lifestyle.

The car ride speeds by,the constant dissociation from reality probably helped to make the journey seem shorter.And when we arrived I was pulled into the arms of my sobbing grandparents.

Am I a bad person for saying I don't care?I care about them,but I don't care that I came back,I didn't want to in the end.Not without Payton.

🥀🥀🥀

It's been a month since the incident.I've been homeschooled by a volunteer teacher.Payton is next door and yet feels like he's a lifetime away.

And guess what ? The police never came for him.Miles lied.I wonder hoe he's doing,did they ever escape Millie's dad?

I get up to complete the same routine I've been doing for the past thirty days.But something about today was different.There was no smell of breakfast cooking,no one came in to wake me up,no text from the group chat.

Getting up I slowly tread downstairs,to find Payton and my grandparents say around the dining table.

"Payton" I smile running over to hug him.But when he doesn't hug me back I get cold.

"We need a minute" I tell my grandparents,grabbing his wrist and dragging him to my room slamming the door shut behind me.

"Talk to me!" I shout

"What is there to say Luna.We're in a mess,look at you your eyes are swollen,you're pale and you've lost a load of weight.This isn't okay!"

"We are okay,don't you see, we're home" I tell him edging forward to take his hands in mine,"this is what we wanted,finish what we had to do and go home.We can be together now,you and I.Forever"

Shutting my eyes I wanted forward to close the gap between our lips but it only gets bigger until our hands are ripped apart.

"No Luna"

I step back,startled.As if I was just struck by lighting.

"What the fuck Payton.What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"You Luna.You're what's wrong!" he screams back," This whole thing has been about you,you,you.You completely disregard everyone elses feelings, stringing them along until you finally get what you want.Did you even love me?I doubt it,it was probably just a part of your act to get home.Well I hope you're happy,because now you're home.But you for sure wont be here with me.Don't fucking talk to me again" he scoffs walking off brushing his shoulder against mine harshly as he leaves my room.

what.the.fuck.just.happened?

A/n:Wow 2 updates in one night I'm on a roll.But it's now 2am in the UK so I should maybe go to sleep.Hope u enjoyed this gem,with a very sleep deprived Luna as the photo for this chapter.I love you all and I promise I wont make you guys wait  long for another chapter