21

"Payton,what's happening?" I ask panicked as he drags me out of the building

"Luna,you have to listen to me,staying here is the only way to keep you safe" Miles shouts,"there's someone out there,who's targeting you.Luna they want you dead"

Dead!Who would want me dead,why would someone want me dead.I'm the least threatening girl ever,I've never gotten into any trouble,so why would anyone want me dead?

I'm torn between the two,I want to believe that Miles is lying,that there isn't someone out there looking for me,that I'm not in danger.But I knew deep down that there was some truth to his words.

Turning towards Payton I give him a pleading look,hoping that he'll try and explain.But he doesn't.

"Miles is making up lies to keep you with him.Whatever he says it's all lies"

"I'm not,and you know that" Miles shouts,annoyed

"Miles,can you give us a moment" I ask him calmly

It takes him a moment but he respectable my wishes turning around and walking back into the building,leaving me and Payton alone.

"And what Riley told me?" I question

His stature falls,the tough outer body he once had slowly decomposing into the vulnerable teenage boy that he actually is.

"Did they really blame it all on you?"

He doesn't say anything but nods,:"now you know why I hate them so much"

"I'm so sorry" I mutter,running into his arms to hug him,I know he doesn't want to show it but he's broken.

After being betrayed by people who you thought were your friends you would be.But not only that,but being ripped away from your family,labelled as a threat all for the same people to walk back into your life ans try to take someone you care about.

"We can run away,leave them,leave everything.We don't have to go back" Payton whispers into my ears

"You know we can't do that," I mumble back,"you'll just get into more trouble"

"I don't care,as long as I'm with you"

My heart leaps at his words,and truthfully I would do it.I'd drop everything to tun away and be with him,maybe that's crazy.Especially since I haven't known him long,but something about him is different,he's my soulmate,I'm convinced.

"Payton,I know Miles isn't lying" I mumble,knowing that it's going to cause some sort of argument

"Are you really going to choose him over me again?" He asks frustrated,pulling away from the hug

"No,it's not like that.All I'm saying is that there's some truth in what he's  saying."

"Miles is all lies Luna.Why can't you see that?" He shouts,"please,come with me.We can leave them,leave it all,you'll be safe I promise"

"Payton,I think we should stay" I mumble,knowing how much it's going to anger him.

"What?" He asks through gritted teeth

"Payton,I think it's better if we stay here,you and me"

"With them?The people who betrayed me" he runs his hands through his hair in frustration,"You're so stupid sometimes.Luna,they're dangerous I don't want you around them"

"Payton,maybe being out here is more dangerous"

"You mean being with me?" He questions

"No I-"

"You know what?Stay with Miles,stay with them all.I don't care" he hisses walking away

"I would give him space if I were you" Miles says holding me back as I try to chase after him.

"Miles get off me" I hiss.Turning round to face him,"Explain, everything"

🥀🥀🥀

After an hour and a half of constant arguing and talking Miles and I finally saw past our differences ans the situation was able to be explained to me.But not in detail which annoyed me.

But according to Miles the less I know the better.Personally I would have rather know everything and be in danger rather than know small parts and being completely unaware.

"Our ex leader wasn't too pleased when we were caught,and neither was Payton when he found out his identity.Payton made sure to get on his bad side before he was moved on probation."Miles explains

"The idea is that none of us were supposed to know where Payton was going or even be able to contact him.But somehow our boss found Payton,and then found you.You're the key to getting his revenge" Miles sighs,before running his hands through his hair

"And by getting his revenge that means having me dead"

He nods,"our best bet is to find Payton's ex girlfriends dad,he can help us.He can get rid of our ex boss"

"You want to find his ex?" I question through gritted teeth,suddenly filled with anger and rage

"Her dad wants what we want.Him out of our lives."

"Is he really that dangerous?" I question trying to avoid meeting Payton's ex because I know I'll throw some hands.

"No" Miles says getting up and walking towards the kitchen,"Riley and Avani are going to take you home to get some more appropriate clothes for staying with us,they'll also get you a new phone and a new ID.Welcome to life on the run"

A/n:Hhheeh I hope you enjoyed,I'm excited to write this part of the book.It's going to be so hectic with mind blowing plots and storylines hehe.Can't wait for u to read it.Also pls check out my other book Meant to Be,it just hit 1k on there I'm so happy!!