38

"Come on Amara" I groan,picking her up,"Aunty Luna is here to have some fun"

Libby and Ben had gotten married after graduating college.And a couple weeks later it was announced that they were expecting.Amara came nine months later and was the happiest thing for us all.

I had cleaned myself up,forgetting all about Payton and that one summer. Deleting all memories of it,me and my dad left of the same way we started that summer.But I have noticed $800 transferred to my account every other week by a suspicious name with the note 'take care'.

I have no wish of contacting him again,and as far as I'm concerned my real parents are the people who raised me from a child.My grandparents.

"Her diapers,bottles and pacifier are all in this bag,if she cries she's most likely tired since she hasn't had her nap yet.No sugary foods and Luna,keep her safe.

"You're acting like I'm a child,we're just going to go shopping and maybe meet up with an old friend"

"Old friend?" Ben asks with a sly smile, "Is this the boyfriend you've been hiding from us?"

"Maybe" I laugh taking the baby leaving out.

Thr truth is I didn't have a boyfriend.I was still single,I just had to fake it,everyone had these happy lives and then there was me,still sadly single even in her mid twenties.

I never let it get to me though, I just moved forward.

Taking Amara to go shopping was my weekly practise.As the hot aunt buying her clothes ans toys was my duty.

We walk around aimlessly through the shopping center,picking up a few pieces here and there for myself.

Our last destination was Target to get some things for my apartment.As I'm browsing the aisles a familiar voice calls my name.

"Luna?"

I turn to see my first love.The one that got away,Payton.

He's aged so well,looking almost exactly the same as he did that last night we spoke.He's gained muscles though no longer the skinny boy I fell for.

"Hey" I smile

His eyes dart to the baby I'm with and his smile falls ever so slightly."Hoe have you been keeping"

"Well,I guess.I own my own apartment, I work as a nursery teacher.What about you?" I ask hoping he gives a clue as to whether he's taken or single.

"I guess the new probation placement was what turned my life around.I was able to return home to my family,I started working on myself and ehat I wanted to do.I'm a business owner now"

"Wow" I nod impressively.

It goes silent between us until Amara decides to cry.She was hungry.I fumble about trying to find her bottle.It was still lukewarm.Not bothering about finding somewhere to heat it up i hand the bottle to her and just like that she's silent.

"Cute baby" he smiles walking closer to get a better view.

The closer our proximity the harder it was to resist him.I was obviously not over him.

"It's Libby's and Ben's.I'm fulfilling aunt duties right now"

"Oh right"he laughs relived

"Why don't you come to mine later for dinner?"I ask."Here,take my number,if you're up for it I'll send my address."

"Who am I to turn down a free dinner"he laugh taking my number and giving me his,"I'll see you later" he says

"Bye" I walk off waiting waiting be out of sight before doing a celebration dance.