36

Payton hasn't spoken to me since our argument,I'm back at school.Full time with my friends,but whenever we see Payton he just walks past us all as if he never knew us.

Our eyes meet as we cross paths,I try to communicate with him but he doesn't comply.

Harry throws his arm over my shoulder  noticing how tense I am after seeing Payton,"He's not worth it Luna,the guys literally gonna be gone in-"

"Harry" Libby says in a sing song time,"Harry come over here i need your help"

"No," I protest grabbing Harrys forearm,"Finish that sentence" I hiss

"He's being transferred" Harry shrugs

And just like that my world falls into a million pieces.

Did he fake an argument with me so that I wouldn't know?Was he trying to push me away?

"You guys go ahead i need to use the bathroom"

"Use the bathroom or go find your ex?" Elise asks with a raised brow

"the first" I mutter leaving them all to do the opposite of what I said I was going to do.

I don't know where he went,I was just frantically running round school hoping to see,or run into him.And just as u hoped I did,we crossed paths at the entrance to the gym.

"Payton?" I say turning to face him as he continues to walk off.

"Stop ignoring me"I plead before running after him to block his path.

"Luna don't do this" he mutters

"Give me just two minutes" I stare right into his eyes hoping to God he forgives me.

"Luna-"

"please"

"what?"

"I do love you,I'm sorry." I take a breath,"I was so caught up in everything that i didn't realise how much I was drawing and stringing you along.You didn't deserve that,I don't deserve you.And I'm sorry I've been so shitty.But Payton,I really do love you,even tho we're the messiest couple on earth.Please forgive me"

"we aren't a couple anymore Luna" he says softly before trying to leave

"please"i murmur through teary eyes

Without turning round he sighs,"I love you too Luna,but we can't be together right now.I forgive you,and maybe one day we can try.." he pauses for a second "maybe we can try this again"

He walks upto me holding my face in his hands,"We just can't try this now" he leans in to place a kiss on my forehead before pulling back to look into my eyes.

"See you whenever" he whispers

🥀🥀🥀

That was the last time I saw him,just as Harry had said he moved.To a new Foster family,apparently I was on the long list of old friends that weren't allowed contact with him.

Occasionally I had tried to track him down but always failed.It was always a dead end,like he never existed.Like the whole of that year I spent with him didn't exist.Miles,Avani,Riley,Ant and the rest were all a distant memory.

I hadn't heard from them since I was 'rescued' by my friends.The only person that had tried to maintain contact with me was my dad,who sent occasional letters to me under the fake name of James Gerome.

"I'm going up,goodnight" I tell my grandparents clearing up my plate to exit upstairs.

And as promised I slip away into a world of dreams.I occasionally dreamt of Payton.My first real love.

Since he had left my live life was zero.I didn't want anyone else,only him.I wonder where he is now,what he's doing.Whether his probation is over.

I had to let these memories go,I couldn't keep holing onto a life that wasn't for me.None of this should have happened.

My intensive trail of thought was broken by a repetitive tapping at my window.Startled I get up to see whats making that sound.

"Luna?" a faint voice questions

I knew that voice

"Miles?"

"And me!" Grace beams walking over so that i can see her

"Why?" I ask Miles completely ignoring his girl buddy.

"Up for another adventure?" he smirks

"what?"

"Just one last time"

Mentally I debate it but my heart tells me to go.I guess the heart wants what it wants.

"Okay" I say slipping on some shoes before maneuvering my way out the window.

"Sup?" I ask once I hit the ground

"Come here asshole" Miles smiles pulling me into a hug

His hug was warm,familiar.Memories of him and I fresh in my mind,I love Miles but not the same way I love Payton.Miles was new and exciting, Payton was home.

"I missed you" I whisper to him and his grip tightens.

"I'm so happy you're safe" he whispers back.

Grace,who i assume is growing impatient clears her throat brining both ot attentions to her and how awkward this moment must be for her.

"Glad you guys have patched things up," she smiles sarcastically,"Miles" she holds out her hand for him,"let's go"

I follow behind them trusting them with my world.This could go either one of two ways but with one still ended in a disaster.

A/n: Sorry I took so long to update guyss :/ this story has kind of hit a dead end there's not much to write about ans so the next few chapters will sadly be the last,if u haven't already check out my other stories,and thankyou for 14k.I love you all,also ehat other stories would u be interested in?? Stay safe ♡