14

I wake up to Payton laying besides me on his phone.He looks incredibly stressed as he taps through the screen,probably sending messages.

Shifting slightly,I catch his attention.He turns to look at me with a warm smile,the rays of sunlight highlighting his face perfectly as he looks down at me.

"Morning" I smile up at him,burying my face in the pillow

"Morning gorgeous" he says laying back down,wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me onto of him.

"My hoodies look better on you" he smirks tugging at the hood.

"Yeah they do" I chuckle resting my head on his chest.

We stay there for a while,just enjoying eachother's company,it's probably the most peaceful I've felt in a while.Being with Payton makes me happy,content.I'm really starting to like him.

"Luna,we still have to get to school" he tells me as he plays with my hair.

"Do we have to?" I huff holding onto him tighter.

"Yeah,we do" he chuckles

"Or we could just call in sick" I say reaching for my phone.Before he can say anything I call the school,clearing my throat I sit up and answer the call putting on my best impression of my grandmother.

"Hello,yes this is Mrs Fernandez.Luna's grandmother I'm calling to say that she's extremely unwell.And I don't think it's right for her to attend school" I wait a few moments until the receptionist agrees and marks me absent for the day

I quickly end the call with a satisfied smile,looking down at Payton who seems pretty impressed."Okay Einstein,but what about me?What am I supposed to say?"

"Tell them you have a meeting with your probation officer." I say getting up to go into the bathroom.

"Fine,but if we get caught-"

"Stop being a pussy,just call in sick" I shout after him as I get into the shower.

As I'm using the bathroom I hear Payton tell me that he's gonna go home and change,then come back to hang out.

I take the time to clean up my room and change into a comfy hoodie ans leggings.Before going downstairs to find something to eat for lunch.

As I start to make my spaghetti bolognese I hear the door open,and footsteps approaching.It doesn't take long for Payton's arms to wrap themselves around my waist,pulling me close to him as he rests his chin on my shoulder,watching me cook the pasta sauce.

"So what shall we do?" I ask him turning round to face him,wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"We could make out some more" he mumbles in his deep voice,bringing his lips down to mine.I instantly kiss him back,enjoying the feeling of him against me.

"Lets watch some tv" I tell him,breaking the kiss and taking his hand to lead him into the livingroom.

He lays down on the sofa holding his arms out,welcoming me into his arms.With a small smile I lower myself down laying onto of him,with my head resting on his chest.

The rhythmic beats it his heart send me into a trance.I love being with him,something about his arms made me feel safe,and loved.

As he plays with the strands of my hair I find myself drifting off to sleep,with little worry about life's problems.The only thing I care about right now is me and him.

🥀🥀🥀

Three loud knocks break me from my slumber.Groaning I lift my head off of Payton's chest who seems bothered by the deafening noise.

Letting out an annoyed breath I get up,heading towards the door,to answer the never ending banging.

"What-" I hiss as I swing the door open.

"Bitch where the fuck were you today?You had us thinking Miles had kidnapped you after that party!"Libby says as she walks past me and into my house.

The boys and Elise follow,they all take off their shoes and turn to face me."Have you seen Payton?We haven't seen him since last night either.I had to cover for him today with my parents" Elise tells me

"Yeah about that-"

"What's up?" Payton says as he walks into the hallway.

Everyone looks stunned,shooting glances between the two of us."Payton found me and took me home last night" I explain before the boys could tease me

"Chile anyways so..what's on the TV?" Elise says going into the livingroom.

"You dude,do you wanna go to the gym with us?" Ben asks

Payton gives me a look,almost as if he's asking for my permission which in some way melts my heart.I give him a small nod and he agrees leaving with Ben and Harry.

"If you think your little lie was enough for me to back off you thought wrong." Libby says taking me into the kitchen.

Switching off the pasta I put some into 3 different plates,placing them on the table for me and the girls.

"So maybe we did stuff.But it's not that big of a deal" I start

Libby let's out a girly squeal, bouncing up and down in excitement."So do you like him?"she asks

"I do" I whisper almost as if I'm embarrassed to admit it.

"Luna I'm happy for you!" Elise gushes,taking a bite into the pasta."Just don'tlet him break your heart."

"I'll try not to" I laugh

"But seriously,do you really seriously like him"

"More than I can explain" I tell her taking a bite into my pasta

Something told me that the girls weren't too keen on the idea of me and Payton.I don't know why but I felt like they didn't want to see me happy.At least,not with Payton.

A/n: Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!I start school next week and I'm kind of scared to pretty excited to see my friends.How are you guys?Talk to me in the comments.Love youuuu!!!