Carrier: Nine

As usual, Xiao Zhan was woken up with his morning sickness. At the same time as yesterday, he went to the kitchen and cooked for breakfast, since he can't sleep a wink after throwing up early in the morning.

While he was cooking, he was humming. He's even swaying his hips as he does his work.

"Good morning," a voice suddenly interrupted him, making him jump in surprise.

He cupped his chest as he tried to calm down, then turned to look at who it was, "G-good morning sir," he stuttered after finding out that it was Yibo who greeted him.

"Did I startle you? I'm sorry," Yibo apologized as he walks his way to the stool across Xiao Zhan.

"It's okay sir," he smiled and turn to what he is doing again.

"Anyway, what are you cooking right there?" Yibo asked as he tried raising his head to peek at it.

"Uhm, some rice porridge and boiled eggs to go with it, sir, and also your lunch," he answered continuing his work, "Want some tea while you wait, sir?" he added.

"Yes please," Yibo answered and opened his phone, which he just grabbed from his pocket.

Xiao Zhan put down the ladle and went to get him some tea and served it in front of him.

"Thank you," Yibo said and delicately held on the cup and sips on it while browsing on his phone.

Xiao Zhan then went back to what he is cooking, it was already done.

"here's your breakfast, sir," he smiled as he serves Yibo's portion.

"How about you?" he raises his head to look at Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan chuckled, "Of course I prepared mine too, sir," he answered and put his portion on a bowl.

He sat beside Yibo's stool and grabbed a spoon and started eating. While he was muffling on the food, Yibo didn't start yet. He was staring at Xiao Zhan, watching him if he's eating well. He can even notice Xiao Zhan slowly getting shape.

A small smile sprung at the corner of his mouth.

"Uhm, sir?" Xiao Zhan suddenly uttered, he felt Yibo's gaze. Yibo flinched.

"Is there a problem with your food sir?" Xiao Zhan asked he's worried that Yibo might not like what he cooked.

"No, I just noticed that you're making a progress. Does the baby giving you inconvenience?" Yibo asked and grabbed his spoon and started eating.

"It's just morning sickness, sir. But I'm doing fine," he said before putting a spoonful on his mouth.

"Oh, is it getting way in your studies?" Yibo asked with his emotionless tone, but deep inside he is worried about Xiao Zhan's condition. Well, it was not an easy-work carrying a child on your stomach.

"Not really, sir. But thank you for the concern," he smiled.

"You better be careful of your health. Eat lots of healthy foods for the sake of the child's nutrition," he said with a hint of concern on his tone.

"Yes, sir," he answered again.

"Mn," he said and continued eating.

.

"I'm hungry. The shooting took too long!" Zhao LiYing whined as she enters the house.

"You should have your breakfast, miss," Her personal assistant uttered.

"I guess I should, but I don't think the cook had already cooked breakfast," she said and pouted.

"I think he did, miss. The lights are on in the kitchen," Her secretary pointed in the direction of the kitchen.

She turns her gaze at where she is pointing, "You're right!" she said excitedly. "Put that in my room, I'll see what they cooked," she ran to the kitchen before her assistant can answer.

When she arrived at the kitchen, he heard Yibo's voice. "You better be careful of your health. Eat lots of healthy foods for the sake of the child's nutrition," is what he said.

"Oh, he's talking," She mumbled to herself, 'he never talked to people he doesn't use to, guess they're getting along well,' she smiled to herself.

"Good morning," she interrupted the two. She tried not suppressing her jolly side, since she doesn't expose her true self to Yibo, 'we're just married in papers' that's what she always says.

The two turn their attention to her. "G-good morning, Mrs. Wang!" Xiao Zhan stuttered, getting suddenly flustered. Maybe because he thinks that he's getting in the way of a married couple.

"Oh, good morning too. You're shooting has finished?" Yibo asked her, emotionless.

"It's my day off," she answered plainly.

Xiao Zhan gulped, the atmosphere suddenly became unbearable.

"Then, if you'll excuse me," Yibo uttered and stood from his seat. "Have your breakfast, you must be tired," He said to Li Ying and grabbed the utensils he used and put it in the sink.

He went out of the kitchen leaving Li Ying and Xiao Zhan at the kitchen.

Her contained smile suddenly sprung after Yibo left.

"So what did you cook today?" She uttered excitedly to Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan was surprised at her sudden change of atmosphere.

"R-rice porridge and boiled egg, Mrs. Wang," he said flustered.

"My! how many times do I have to tell you not to call me, Mrs.Wang? It's Li Ying! Li Ying! now repeat it," she pouted as she places her hands on her waist.

"L-Li Ying..." he said shyly.

"Good!" she exclaimed and sat on a stool beside him, "Now, I'm suuuper hungry~" she whined and sighed.

Xiao Zhan tittered at her behavior and stood from his seat, "I'll get you some," he uttered and went to the stove to get a portion of food for her. Then served it in front of her.

"Ohhh, porridge, I haven't eaten this for a long time," she giggled and grabbed her spoon, and started eating.

Xiao Zhan then sat back to his stool and continued his food.

"How was Yibo, is he being making you uncomfortable?" she asked making Xiao Zhan suddenly look at her.

"N-no, he was just concern for the baby's health," he answered shyly.

"Oh, he's like that huh. Well, I didn't know him well so I can't tell what he's like," she shrugged and continued eating.

'Huh? But they are married, aren't they close?' Xiao Zhan thought.

"Anyway, If I've known that you're the one cooking meals I should have gone home every day," She chuckled.

"I-it's not that special," he lowered his head, he suddenly felt shy but flattered at what she said.

"I can't get over the dumpling you made a while ago!" she giggled, "It was superb!" she praised.

"T-thank you," he smiled but his head is still lowered.

"So from now on, I'll try coming home from time to time so I can eat your cooking~," She remarked with a wide smile plastered on her face.

Xiao Zhan chuckled, 'she's a whole lot different when she's in front of Mr. Wang,' he thought. 'But what do I know? I cannot just ask them things like that,' he said inside his head and shrugged.

----

Happy Heart's Day everybodyyyy~ I love you so muuuch. Thank you for always there reading my stories! May you receive abundant blessing and health. Stay safe and Take care, stay hydrated!

(づ ̄3 ̄)づ╭❤~