Carrier: Thirty-One

Three days had passed.

Usual things happened. Yibo stayed at the hospital to assist and take care of Xiao Zhan. But the atmosphere didn't change, Xiao Zhan giving his cold shoulder to Yibo while Yibo doing his best to cheer him up. LiYing visits sometimes too but because of LiHua's condition, she doesn't take too long. Xiao Zhan talks to her but not as cheery as before, he just simply answers her questions. His face is emotionless, the smiles he projects never occurred the past few days. And when LiYing leaves the room, he's completely silent again, not leaving his eyes off the window.

"Ah, right. Zhan," Yibo uttered to get his attention. Xiao Zhan didn't bother to look at him and stared at the window, watching the birds flying by.

Yibo sighed when he looked in Xiao Zhan's direction, he's still hoping that Xiao Zhan will look his way. But he didn't, not even once.

"You'd been confined for three days. The doctor said, you can be discharged today but I told him to let you heal for another two days here, at least here, you'll be well taken care of," he uttered. "Is that okay with you?" He asked.

Yibo tilted his head as he watches Xiao Zhan whose staring at the window, looking for any reaction from him. Xiao Zhan's lips were shut, his facial expression didn't change. Every second Yibo spends in that room is painful. He's almost getting used to it.

He doesn't want to let him know that he's in pain. 'I need to look happy for him to be happy,' is what he thought. It's been days and he hasn't figured out what's going inside Xiao Zhan's head. Every time Xiao Zhan is in his deep sleep, Yibo will sit on the chair beside the bed, sobbing quietly.

Yibo looked down, "Tell me if you're getting sick in the hospital, okay? We can go back home, maybe there you'll feel a lot more comfortable," he said and turn around to hide the painful face he's making. He bit his lips, he should stop talking or his voice might crack. He heaved a heavy sigh to calm down, but his heart is clenching tight. He set down the water bottle he was holding on the table and clench his fist, he needs to calm down. He might unconsciously show his sad face, "I-I'll just go buy some snacks," he lied. He needs to have a breather.

He left the room, clenching his fist and biting his lips. Suppressing the urge to cry.

.

He spent half an hour in the garden of the hospital to calm down before going to the convenience store to buy snacks.

When he arrived at the door of his room, he heaved a sigh to compose himself before going inside.

When he entered, he plastered a smile, "I'm back. Sorry it took too long," he chuckled.

Xiao was lying on the bed, as always his back is facing the door where Yibo is. "He's asleep," Yibo mumbled. He sighed and put the bag of snacks on the table.

While putting them out of the bag, he heard a faint sound of sniffles. He looked in Xiao Zhan's direction, observing if something is going on with him. But Xiao Zhan didn't move an inch, 'Did I heard it wrong?' he thought and turn his attention to what he's doing. She shrugged it off and did the things that he needed to do.

After a while, Yibo was done. He saw Xiao Zhan need some clothes because he's running out of them.

"Should I make someone deliver his clothes here?" he mumbled. "Maybe I should go," he added and stood. He also needs something to check at the house since he's not been home since the incident.

"Zhan..." He called out for him. Xiao Zhan didn't answer. "He's really asleep," he mumbled to himself and sighed. He grabbed his coat and his phone.

"I'll just go home to get you some stuff," he uttered though he knew Xiao Zhan was asleep. He sighed once again as he left the room.

.

Xiao Zhan was awake the whole time, sobbing and crying. He gritted his teeth as tears kept falling from his eyes.

He heard him bid goodbye and leave the room. He looked at the door when Yibo was finally gone. He sat then looked around the room. "It's probably time to leave this room," he mumbled to himself and look down. He clenches his fist and looks at the dextrose needle on his arm.

He clenches his teeth as he grabs the dextrose needle, contemplating if he should run away or not. "No, don't ever think of. I've decided to leave this room and disappear out of their sights," he mumbled as he forcefully removes the needed.

He groaned in pain, but he has no regrets. He wants to leave the room before Yibo can return.

He grabbed a handkerchief and wrap it on his arm. Then he stood from the bed. Though he still feels a little pain from his belly, he decided that he can't just stay there. He feels hurt every time Yibo was around his range, it always reminded him of his fault which is falling in love with a married man. 'I don't want to misunderstand his good intentions anymore,' is what he always tell himself.

He changed his clothes, grabbed a coat, and put his wallet and phone in his pocket. "These are what I only need," he uttered.

He looks back at the bed, then to the table where the snacks are laid and the flowers that are well taken care of by Yibo to brighten his day.

He sighed, "Goodbye to this foolish love," he mumbled to himself and smiled bitterly.

He grabbed the knob of the door and he paused for a moment. 'I'll leave the good and bad memories here,' he thought and twist the knob as he steps outside. He looks down as he left the room.

He walked down the hallway, with his head lowered. Passing every room. But then, his feet unconsciously stopped. He looked at his side and saw the room where the babies are taken care of.

Tears fell from his eyes. The name tagged on one of the incubators caught his attention, "Wang Fanxing," he mumbled, reading what's written. "He named you Starry, huh?" he smiled bitterly. "The star that I can only see but can never touch," he added and looked down. "Like the love that I can only feel but will never be reciprocated,"

He immediately wipes his tears and started walking out of there, 'There's no point of looking at him anymore since I just carried him in me but not meant for me,' he said inside his head, marching out of the hospital, not giving a single glance.

---

A/N: 繁星 /Fánxīng means Starry in Pinyin which means a vast sky full of stars.