Carrier: Thirty-Six

Weekend...

"Just in! Actress Zhao LiYing and her two-year husband, President of Wang industries, Wang Yibo, filed their divorce papers. After two years of living together, Ms. Zhao LiYing stated that nothing works out between them. Because of the situation, many netizens' speculation had risen, saying there's an affair between the couple. But the actress's management kept quiet, shutting down the rumors. While President Wang shut down any interview directed to him..."

"Celebrities sure do love committing then if they get tired they just broke it off so easily," Xiao ChuQiao stated as she sighed.

"Don't tell me you're watching the showbiz news again?" Xiao Zhan shouted from the kitchen after hearing his sister whined from the living room.

"Yeah, I get intrigued watching these famous people creating scandals for themselves then blaming other people for their fault," she shrugged and grabbed the television remote. She shut the television off then threw the remote elsewhere and grabbed her phone.

Xiao Zhan sighed, "Well, they have their own businesses. You don't need to be so attentive to such things," he uttered, "Why not trying to find schools that have online classes, it may be too late for you since you just finished middle school but when you have online classes you don't need to bother going out," Xiao Zhan from the kitchen.

His sister pouted, "But isn't online classes are expensive? Plus where could I find a school like that? Only private schools have those," she whined.

Xiao Zhan once again and dropped the ladle he's holding and went to the living room, "I can work extra hard for your studies y'know. So just do what I said," he put his hands on his waist.

"B-but--" she was about to retort when Xiao Zhan cut him off, "There are no buts! Just do it, now that you're healthy you should widen your horizons, okay?" he eyes smiled.

His sister sighed and smiled back at him, "then better not exert too much!" she pinched his brother's waist making him yelp.

He winced in pain and nodded, "yes," he answered and pouted.

"Now go back to the kitchen! The food will burn," she scolded him that made Xiao Zhan laugh, "Yes, you're majesty," he bowed jokingly and went back to the kitchen.

.

Weekdays had started again...

"Yo bro, it sucks!" JiLi whined. They've been raiding the whole third floor of the building to find somewhere to stay until their second class starts.

Their first period had been canceled because of a certain reason from their professor.

"If he just told us earlier I should've not come this early," Yuchen sighed.

"It can be helped, maybe something just came up abruptly, the teachers are human too you know, there are one or two unexpected things that happen to them also," Xiao Zhan said and smiled at them.

Yuchen and JiLi looked at it each other then looked at Xiao Zhan, "Yo bro, why so emotional?" JiLi laughed.

"Where'd that came from?" Yuchen cracked.

Xiao Zhan laughed at them, "nothing much," he answered.

JiLi stopped laughing after realizing what Xiao Zhan said, he shrugged, "Well, you're right," he said and put his hands in his pockets.

"So where are we heading to?" Yuchen asked them that made the two shrug their shoulders at him.

Yuchen sighed, they've been walking for almost ten minutes already.

Just then, the speaker on the building suddenly rang, "Attention, all Art and Design department students please proceed to the building three lecture hall. I repeat all arts and design department students proceed to the building three lecture hall, thank you," is what it said.

The three furrowed their brows and looked at each other, "Is there a program?" JiLi asked the two, they just shrugged at him.

"Let's just go there and find out," Yuchen uttered and lead the way. The two followed after him.

They arrived at the lecture hall, it was fully packed with their whole department. They sat in a vacant seat in the middle row.

"What's happening here?" JiLi asked the student that is sitting beside him. The student just shrugged at him.

"There's no scheduled program today, but why?" Yuchen brows furrowed.

"Maybe a sudden announcement maybe?" Xiao Zhan uttered as he directs his attention to the center of the hall. His heart is suddenly beating fast as if something might happen. He cupped his chest with his brows furrowed, "what's wrong with me?" he mumbled.

the two looked at him, they notice the worried face on Xiao Zhan, "Bro, you okay?" they both asked.

Xiao Zhan smiled at them, "Yeah, I'm fine," he answered, to hide his nervousness. Something inside him is telling him that something will happen but he can't figure out what it is. He breathes in and out to calm himself but his heart seems to not listening to him.

Just then a professor suddenly showed up in the middle.

"We'll have a short program with the request of our guest, so please settle down," the professor said. Murmurs started to spread, asking what's happening and such.

"So that's why our professor in our first period canceled his class today," JiLi nodded, convinced of the reason.

"Just what are they planning to do?" Yuchen clicked his tongue as he stared at the center of the room, wondering what's got into their department.

Xiao Zhan on the other hand can't seem to calm down, he felt a sudden uncomfortableness. His hands are sweaty, he lowered his head. Gladly, the whole room except the center is dim. His nervous face is not visible.

"Well, we've gathered to the lecture hall to introduce the new sponsor of our department, which will benefit our future events like exhibitions of your artworks my dear students," the speaker paused.

Xiao Zhan's heart beating just went wild, he clenched on his chest.

"Please welcome, President Wang Yibo from Wang enterprises!" the speaker introduced.

Xiao Zhan's eyes went wide. Just as he thought, it's the reason for his heart beating wildly. He immediately tried to sneak which made JiLi look at him, "Bro, where you going?" he asked him. Xiao Zhan laughed awkwardly at him, "U-Uhm.. b-bathroom..." he lied.

"Really? Now?" Yuchen asked him, weirded out.

"Y-yeah..." he stuttered and about to escape when a student council of their department confronted him. "Please, stay put on your seats for a while. The program will finish in a short while," she uttered.

Xiao Zhan felt dejected, he sighed as he went back to his seat. JiLi patted his back, "It's okay bro, it'll finish soon," he said and smiled at him.

Xiao Zhan smiled back as he lowers his head. 'Please don't look in my direction,' he said inside his head. Praying that Yibo won't notice him.

It's been a week since he rushed out of the hospital to break off any contact with him, and because of his friends and family, he was able to temporarily seal off the pain. But now, every effort he made to forget about him is tearing off. His heart is clenching in pain, he bit his lip to suppress the tears that anytime will fall from his eyes. Every pain keeps coming back, shredding his heart into pieces.

'Why do you keep showing up?' he said furiously inside his head.

----

A/N: Sorry for the wait and for the short update after making you wait. Hope you like it tho. 😊