Focus

Sarah sat across from Kakashi on the ground.  He had taken her away from the village to a clearing that he knew no one would be around.  He did not want anyone to be anywhere near them as he had Sarah try to open up the Dojutsu fully.  After what had happened at the hospital, he knew that she did not have a good control over it.  She was much better than when she had first awakened but there was still a wild, uncontrollable element to it.  She stared at him with an expression that he knew was worry.

"You should leave," she finally said.  "I'll never forgive myself if I hurt you on accident."

"Absolutely not," he retorted.  "Those maniacs are still around and I need to keep an eye on you while you go inward."

She worried her lower lip, "Kakashi... I'm sorry for fighting with you earlier."

He gave a soft sigh then moved close to her.  He kissed her softly, "I'm sorry too.  That probably wasn't very nice of me making you run this morning.  I was just really annoyed with you.  I mean... you told Melissa about...  You know."

She felt her face flush, "I didn't."

"Yes, you did," he responded.  "That was just between us you brat."

"Okay, I guess I did deserve a long run then," she chuckled.  "Oh my... I'm sorry."

Kakashi smoothed the hair away from her face and looked at her intently.  "Whatever happens, I will always love you.  I might get annoyed but I still love you."

"I love you too, so much."

Kakashi backed away from her and prepared himself.  "If you start to get out of control, I might knock you out.  Just warning you."

Sarah nodded and took a deep breath.  She could feel her hands shaking slightly.  She was scared of what she might unlock.  She had always pulled back when she felt herself sinking too far but this time, she had to punch through that to see what was on the other side.  It was terrifying.  She closed her eyes and allowed her mind to slow down.  She could feel the energy of the earth, the trees, three birds on a nearby branch, and of course, Kakashi.  His energy felt like lightning, raw and powerful.  She slowed her breathing down as she focused on the energy inside herself.  It felt cool, like water rushing so swiftly.

She gasped slightly as images of herself in the river came back to her fast.  That was exactly how her chakra felt, like a raging river cold and deadly.  She was watching herself struggle as she was swept down stream.  One fall down, then the second.  She watched as the third fall came fast.  Her eyes widened slightly as she saw an almost blue light begin to form around herself as she went over that falls.  She did it herself!  The truth that she had brought herself to this world was staggering to her.  It was like knowing she was going to die had unlocked that part of herself that had always been hidden.

She then felt herself shooting upward into the sky, beyond the earth, into space.  The stars streaked past her as she flew and a blue vortex appeared around her.  She felt almost as if she was surrounded by the power and strength of the universe, spinning around her and filling her.  Images started flashing in front of her eyes of places and events.  She gasped as she saw Tiberius but not as a child, as a man.  He looked so much like Kakashi that her heart ached.  He was fighting but the image swirled and she then saw Obito as a man.  His eyes were burning like blue fire, just like her own.  His hands were glowing with blue fire.  Then he was gone and the image of a young woman came into view.  She had long dark hair but her eyes were a striking blue-green.

The images swirled away again and she felt like she was travelling backwards.  She was not sure how far forward she had gone but now she was falling back.  She then saw Jaylyn and she tried to remain still on that image.  This is why she had come.  She was fighting someone... Kakashi.  She was yanked away before she saw a mountain and the landscape looked like the Land of Fire.  She then was pulled inside the mountain, into the very center.

The man that turned towards her she felt a quake in her soul.  She knew those eyes and horror unlike anything she had felt before folded over her.  He was looking right at her, as if seeing her and she knew in that instant that he in fact could see her.  He smiled a cold, cruel smile and she felt his hand close around her neck.

"You will all die, every last one of you..." he crooned.

"No!" She screamed throwing her hand out in front of her in defense.

She felt as if everything around her exploded and the connection with him was broken.  The last image she saw was Sasuke.  He was in danger.  This was a power that would require both him and Naruto.  World destroyer.  They could not fight this independently.

An ancient language began to fill her mind as she fell through time and space.  It was older than any other language but as she fell, she began to understand it to infuse it within herself.  She felt herself slam back into reality with a violence that rattled her teeth.

Sarah gasped and opened her eyes.  She was laying on her back with a crater around her.  Did she actually leave and come back?  She slowly raised up on her elbows and saw Kakashi starting to sit up about twenty feet away.  He was rubbing the back of his head and looked like he had taken some kind of blast as his clothes were singed and his face was slightly blackened.

"Kakashi, are you okay?!"

"That was unexpected..." He said while shaking his head.  "You disappeared completely and then suddenly you slammed back to the earth in a ball of blue fire... blew me back a good ways."

She grabbed his hand and helped him up.  "Come on, we have to get to Naruto now!  Sasuke is in trouble!  We all are!"