Chapter 35: Glass

"When you begin a journey of revenge, start by digging two graves: one for your enemy and one for yourself." Jodi Picoult

(The Militia bands together once more to end this fight once and for all. Little do they know, Negan has a few tricks up his sleeve. Eugene has been hard at work supplying the Saviors with crafted bullets for the war. )

The Alexandrians and the people of the Hilltop and the Kingdom followed Rick, Maggie and the King across the windswept hill, the long grasses blowing gently in the breeze.

It was calm and quiet, almost like they weren't heading into a warzone.

Suddenly, a loud, amplified voice rang out, seemingly coming from every known direction.

"Check it out, I just ambushed your ambush with another ambush!" 

The voice belonged to Negan, and he spoke into a megaphone.

The Saviors' trucks crested the hill, and they hid in waiting, completely lining the edge, having surrounded the members of the Militia.

"How about you step out and face us!" Rick shouted back, looking around wildly like he was trying to find the source of the man's voice.

"Oh I am everywhere Rick..." Negan growled. "Pick a direction to run, make it fun for all of us!"

Negan chuckled, slowly sauntering behind the people lined up on their knees in front of him.

"Guess what else I did?" he said into the megaphone.

"I brought some of your old friends. You remember your buddy Eugene? Well, he is the person that made today possible. Same goes for Gabe here..."

The two men winced, cowering as he passed.

Carson was there too, looking at Negan with wide, fearful eyes. Frankie and Tanya stood behind them, their heads bowed in submission.

"Eleanor, well she's gotta go too. We are cleaning house today, Rick!"

Down below, Daryl started screaming, pacing like a wild animal.

"Put her on," Rick shouted.

Negan smiled as he approached the woman.

"It's for you."

Ellen glared at him as he held the megaphone in front of her lips. Her head pounded, but recognizing the shitstorm of a situation she'd gotten herself into, the woman was sobering up pretty quickly from the night before.

"Don't worry D, I'm bulletproof, remember?" Ellen's voice cracked as she spoke, betraying the confident front she was putting on. "Whatever happens... I... I love you, fucknuts."

In the crowd, Daryl let out a stifled sob.

"Awe, isn't that fuckin' precious?" Negan sneered with a chuckle into the megaphone, flicking the woman's nose as he strode past.

Negan stopped and raised his gun, aiming it at the back of Gabriel's head.

Ellen stopped him, gritting her teeth as she fought against her pounding headache. "No, wait!"

"I took them... Kill me first... Ladies first, Negan."

Negan raised a brow at her, before shrugging. He stalked over to her, narrowing his eyes at the woman.

He raised his gun to her head, and Ellen turned so that she was facing him, looking down the barrel of the gun with a grimace as the man cocked it.