Affection 43

A tension quickly surrounded on Reith's system. The truth, the reasons, and what they really fight for, that's what she was waiting for to know.

Zary let out a deep sighed, before he started.

"It all started when Luke invited us---me and Ryu in his Condo, later we found out that someone sent an unknown message, it was regarding the heiress of El Gracia family,"

"My family," Reith uttered. Zary nodded then continue.

"It refers that if someone closed to you, meaning that someone have to protect you. And, that time, we didn't know who was that someone who sent the message, until..." Zary looked at her father. "we found out that it was your father."

Her eyes went wide.

"So, it was your friend whom I sent the message." Anselmo said.

"Why?" She asked.

"It's for your own safety, besides, for all I know Kite will protect you, not 'till I know that," Anselmo looked at Zary. "Zary was a former member of an organization. An organization that helped our family before I left you and your mother to Philippines."

"Dating miyembro ng organisasyon?"

Reith just remember what had happened when she was a kid, the fire that almost got to her when she was accidentally separated from her mother.

"May kinalaman rin ba ang organisasyon sa pagtulong sa amin?"

She clearly remember what Kite have been told her. Na hindi ito ang nagligtas sa kanya noong mga panahong iyon. Natatandaan din niyang nakilala na niya ang totoong nagligtas sa kanya sa sunog.

"Yes," si Zary ang sumagot. "apparently, we already met when you were twelve, remember the bush fire?"

What?

"It was you?!" F*ck!

She was shocked, indeed. Sa ilang tanong niyang pagtatanong kung sino iyon ay nasa harapan lang pala niya ang taong nagligtas sa kanya.

So, in the first place, it was him. It was my Zary.

"Yeah, I was shocked too. Then, after that message, we were busied finding the heiresses, since the El Gracia Household has two rooster lines, meaning there are two heir."

Naalala na niya n'ung halos isang linggo wala ito, at n'ung natulog ito sa apartment ay naalala niyang pagod ito.

So, that was the reason.

"Then... when Kite appeared, he told me, that I was the one saved you from the bush fire incident, as well as your true identity. That's the time when I slowly researching if someone wanted to harm you, and we were in Greece, I tried to asked for a favor from my old comrade, you just met him, earlier."

That man? "Pero 'yung bumaril sa'yo? We already have that gunman pero hindi niya sinasabi sa amin kung sino ang nag-utos sa kanya."

"It was you they after, they want your death." Nang sabihin iyon ni Zary ay kita niya kung paano nagtagis ang bagang nito.

Naramdaman niya ang paghigpit ng hawak ng ina sa kamay niya, ang ama niya naman ay ikinuyom ang mga kamay.

Pero hindi iyon nangyari dahil sinalo ni Zary mismo ang bala na para sa kanya.

"Iyon din ba ang dahilan n'ung..." Narinig ko ang pag-uusap niyo ni Kite? Pero hindi niya kayang sabihin iyon dahil doon nagsimula ang away nila at ang pag-alis nito.