26 - voldemort's message

A/N: A lot you guys are reading which I'm so thankful for, but it would also be great if you could vote because barely any of you are voting and voting will allow the story to reach more people. love you all xoxo

*****

Y/N's POV

I look to the corner to see Susan Bones curled up in the corner, her hands clutching her head as she screams. Then the screaming stops and I feel something work it's way into my mind. Like shadows swirling through my conscious trying to shatter my mind and I start screaming just like Susan as a sharp pain digs into my brain. I drop to my knees, unable to take the pain and I can sense someone hovering over me as I clutch my head in my hands. Then the pain stops and a snake-like voice fills the Great Hall. 

"I know that many of you want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise, but this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour." 

Voldemort will attack Hogwarts if we don't hand Harry over. But that's not going to happen. And as all the students stare at Harry in silence, it seems the Slytherins have another idea.

"What are you waiting for?" Pansy shouts. "Someone grab him!"

It doesn't even take a millisecond of thought before I'm putting myself between the Slytherins and Harry, ready to defend and die for him if I have to. A lot of our other friends follow suit, surrounding Harry in a protective ring created by our bodies as we all pull our wands, prepared to fight for him. 

"That's enough." McGonagall scolds. "Mr. Filch, could you please escort Miss Parkinson, and the rest of Slytherin House from the Hall."

"Where exactly will I be leading them to, ma'am?" Filch asks.

"The dungeons should do. All those under year 6 should be escorted from the school as well as everyone who doesn't wish to fight. We have a battle to win."

Amongst the flurry of movement that follows, I lose track of Harry until I see him running out of the Great Hall, most likely in search of whatever this thing is that will help him defeat Voldemort. 

"Y/N, we need to talk." I hear Cormac say, and I turn to see him standing behind me. 

"I don't think now is a good time for whatever you're going to say, Cormac. We need to prepare to fight."

"That's precisely why this is the best time to say this. We need to break up."

"Okay." I nod. "And why is this super important?"

"Anyone of us could die in this way, even Harry. I know you still love him, you've just been biding your time with me, until you could be with him. Deep down, I've always known that. You and him were meant to be together and I know you still love him. You've gone through literal torture for him without cracking and you jump between him and danger without a second thought. I know you would never do that kind of thing for me, and that's okay. So, I'm letting you go."

Tears well up in my eyes as I throw my arms around Cormac, pulling him for a tight hug. But they're tears of happiness not sadness. Cormac is right. I still love Harry, as furiously and passionately as I ever had. And I need to make sure he knows that. Afterall, by sunrise, one of us could both be dead. I just hope that's not the case.

"Thank you, Cormac."

"Go get him, y/n." He smirks, urging me along. 

He doesn't have to tell me twice as I race out of the Great Hall in search of him. If he's looking for something belonging to Rowena Ravenclaw, then he's most likely going to Ravenclaw tower, so I quickly run in that direction. 

I finally see him and manage to catch up to him on one of the big staircases. It's not until I reach the top that I realise Neville has been running behind me. Harry turns around, clearly alarmed by our sudden presence.

"Y/N! Neville! Are you alright?"

"Never better! I feel like I could spit fire! You haven't seen Luna have you?" Neville shouts.

"Luna?" Harry asks, clearly confused but I think I know where this is going. Through our rebellion this school year, the two have gotten really close.

"I'm mad for her. I think it's about time I told her, since we'll probably both be dead by dawn!" He announces before running up another set of stairs. 

Now Harry refocuses his attention to me. "And you? Are you alright?"

The only answer I think to give him is a kiss. Adrenaline courses through my veins as he pulls me close, moving his lips passionately against my own. We don't have to say any words because our lips do the talking until we pull away from each other breathless.

"And Cormac?" Harry asks.

"It's done. I don't really know if there was anything there to be honest. It's you. It's always been you, Harry." I tell him, pressing my lips to his once again before pulling away one last time. 

"Be safe." He whispers. 

"I know. You too." I whisper back and then we're going our separate ways.