22"

Ayla turned up outside of the house Lily had sent her an address to

Ayla turned up outside of the house Lily had sent her an address to. It was fairly large but still managed to keep a sense of homeliness about it. A large garden ran around to the back of the property with Quidditch hoops installed at each end.
She knew she was in the right place.

Knocking on the door Alya pulled her jacket around her tighter as the cold night air pricked her skin. She had started to regret wearing a dress.

"Someone's at the door!" Harry shouted from the kitchen to the garden where the group were gathered outside around a bonfire.

"That must be Alya" Viola hummed from her chair

James and Lily looked to each other then to the door, and then back to each other again before springing up and racing towards the door.

As the siblings ran through the house they pushed and shoved each other out of the way in order to get there first.

"Ha!" Lily smirked as she reached the door first.

James only shoved her out of the way with a sly smile before composing himself.

"Be cool James" he whispered trying to fix his hair as he opened the door.

Alya had started to think she'd gotten the wrong house. She'd be waiting for some time until the door suddenly jerked open.

James stood there leaning against the door frame ruffling his hair.

"Hill" he smirked scanning over her, "looking gorgeous as ever"

"James, move you idiot" Lily interrupted pushing James out the way and hugging Alya before letting her in, "everyone's in the garden at the minute. Daria's been waiting for you"

Lily dragged Alya out into the garden as James followed them scowling. She was introduced to Ron, Hermione and Oliver Wood while she greeted her friends from school and their parents she'd already met.

"Oh I'm sorry!" Viola apologised watching Alya sit down on a chair around the bonfire, "you must be freezing, there's some more blankets in the living room. I'll go and get you one"

"No no! It's fine Mrs Potter" Alya waved, "I'll go, you can sit down" she smiled

Alya made her way into the living room as James watched her leave.

"I'll, er go and help" James muttered as everyone watched him leave after her with amused faces.

Frank and Nico sent each other looks while Daria and Lily sniggered and Remus, Rose and Hugo stopped their conversation to shake their heads.

"Is he always like that?" Ron asked watching him leave.

"Unfortunately" Viola hummed

"Especially at Hogwarts" Neville inputted, it's never ending"

Alya entered the living room and spotted the spare blanket, wrapping it around her.

She was about to leave when a collection of photographs stood on the mantle piece caught her attention.

Alya looked over them, scanning each quickly. Three teenage girls stood with their arms around each other in a Hogwarts dorm, smiling tiredly; Viola, Lavender and Parvati.
Another photograph showed Harry and Viola holding a small baby in their arms, neither looked very old themselves. No older than 18. Another with Viola, Neville, Dean and Seamus and another with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Some small photos showed Viola next to a little girl with dark curly hair and baby pictures of James, Remus and Lily.

A large frame off to the side showed a group of Gryffindor students stood posing infront of a Christmas tree in the great hall. However her eyes lingered on the Photograph at the back.

A young man and woman stood holding hands together, looking into each others eyes lovingly in the middle of a cornfield, behind them a view of the sea. A young girl, no older than perhaps five, sat on the mans shoulders. Her blond hair fell over his face as her little hands held onto his cheeks while she grinned widely.

They seemed so happy and in love.

James sidled up behind her peering over her shoulder.

"My grandma and grandpa" he started, picking the frame up in his hands, "and that's my mum"

"I've seen your grandma before. She was mentioned in witches weekly" Alya replied

"I'm not surprised" James answered, "mum talks about them all the time, Tells us stories all about them and how amazing they were"

"They look amazing" Alya agreed looking at the smiling couple, "how come they're hidden at the back?"

"Mum would get upset whenever she saw the photo. Dad insisted that we put it way to stop her getting upset every time she saw it but mum wouldn't let him. Remus suggested they put it towards the back so it was still out but not front and centre. They compromised"

Alya nodded as James placed the frame back down behind the others.

"She talks about them a lot. I know she misses them. They died protecting her in the battle. I'd do the same thing for my family. But then again I guess that's what family does" James shrugged looking over Alya's face.

She looked into James' eyes finding only love and fondness there for his family. Perhaps James Sirius didn't only care about himself after all.

———————————————————————————
A/N

Alya just needs to kiss James already