31"

Weeks had passed from the day James had managed to convince Alya to be his friend and he could not of been happier

Weeks had passed from the day James had managed to convince Alya to be his friend and he could not of been happier. Well, that was a lie. He'd of be happier if they were dating. But at least it was progress.

Alya had volunteered to help Professor Sprout out in the greenhouse after her lessons and James had insisted he came with her.
She repotted plants as James flew around the greenhouse on his broom, knocking over a few shelves of plants as he went with a quick, "oops" making Alya roll her eyes and repair them.

Every so often she would have to duck out of the way as James went flying over her head.

"You're going to end up breaking something" Alya said as she tried to hide her smile

"I'm a great flyer. Plus I'm careful" James replied, not really taking her words seriously as he hovered above her.

"What are you doing?" Alya laughed as James dangled upside down on his broom, studying her face

"Getting a good view of you" he grinned. His hair hung down wildly as his cheeks became slightly red from being upside down.

"What was that Potter? That almost sounded like flirting"

"I would never!" James gasped, righting himself on the broomstick

"I'm not impressed" Alya blanched

"Watch this then" He smirked

James took off flying full speed through the greenhouse, executing a perfect loop and intricate dive with skill.

He winked over to her, not looking where he was going, trying to see if it had impressed her.

Alya's face contorted into laugher as James suddenly smacked into one of panes of glass in the greenhouse. He fell to the floor in a crumbled heap as a pot of soil fell off the shelf covering him with dirt, before sitting up and brushing himself down.

"All part of my plan love" he winced as looked at her sheepishly

"Oh I'm sure" Alya nodded as she finished laughing at the James shaped print on the glass, "I thought you were supposed to be good at Quidditch"

"I am!"

"Sure you are" she replied walking over and brushing the soil off his head and out of his curls,"wait until I tell everyone the great and cool James Sirius has flown into the greenhouse and ended up covered in soil"

"It's not funny Hill"

"It is. It really is. You're a mess" she laughed

James shook his head trying to get the soil off him.

"Come here" Alya said pulling her jumper sleeve over her hand as she walked forward.

Using the sleeves she wiped the dirt off James cheek as she cupped the other one.

"We can't let your little fan girls see you all dirty"

"I don't care about them" James huffed, "I mean I understand why they're obsessed"

Alya scoffed backing away and getting back to her previous job.

"Come and help me repot these instead of making a mess?" She asked gesturing James over

"Yes mi lady" James bowed, happily standing next to her and grabbing another pot.

The pair stood side by side repotting the plants with entertaining conversations as James tried to make Alya laugh, and somewhat succeeded.

———————————————————————————
A/N

I'm jealous of them

You know how I was complaining about my course work well i kinda popped off today and have nearly finished it baes 😏

So that's why I've not updated until now and it's bad.