Chapter 8 : The Race

Y/n's POV

''Hi Eren''.You said waving to Eren who is walking towards you.He smiles and jog to you.''Hi,Y/n''.He replied  and we walk together to the training forest.Today is the day,The Racing day.

''I'm super nervous right now,you know?!''.You said and put one hand on your chest.Feeling the racing heartbeats.''Hahahaha,me too.I bet you're gonna win this race,Y/n''.Eren said and you blush.

Eren's POV

'Shit,is she blushing??'.I said in my mind while staring to Y/n's slightly pink cheeks.'She's so cute when she blushed'.My mind speaking again unconsciously.

''I don't think so,Eren.Maybe you'll win the race!''.She exclaim and playfully punch my arm.''Hahahahaa,no way I'm gonna win this-''.There's other voice cut me off,sounds really proud.

''Of course I am gonna win this race,pftt..this is easy''.I saw Jean is smirking and shooking his head with his hands moving.

''Heh,you?.Pfft..Don't make me laugh''.I said and Jean looks irritated.We starts to stare at each others and comes closer.

Y/n quickly stand in the middle of us and put her hand on our chests,preventing us from punching each other.

''Now,now.Let's get ready for the race''.She said and smiling to us.''Anything you say,Y/n''.Jean reply and grab Y/n's hand,putting it on his chest back.

''ohh no no,I'm not gonna let you make Y/n dirty.Get your hand off her!''.I said and grab Y/n's arm,pulling her from getting too close to Jean.Y/n lost her balance and bump to my chest.

I saw Jean looks surprised and wants to pull Y/n back.But I put my hands around her back and hug her,putting her face on my loud banging chest.I smirk to him.

I smirk to him wider when Y/n didn't resist and just let me hug her.She put her palms on my chest.''You bastard,Let her go-''.Jean wants to pull Y/n but we hear a shout demanding us to gather at the start platform.

''You are lucky this time''.Jean said and give me a death glare before starts to go to the platform,leaving me with Y/n in my embrace.

''Ack,sorry Y/n!''.She lift her head and lock her eyes on me,looking really innocent.'Shit,she's really cute'.My heart can't take it and quickly let her go.''It's okay,Eren.Now,let's go''.She said grinning and pull my hand.

I let her drag me and put one hand on my chest,feeling the unnormal speed of beatings.We gather at the platform before we're told to wear the ODM gear.

This is the second time I got to wear the ODM gear.I'm having trouble with all the straps and my sheaths.''Ughh,why is this thing''.I look around to see everyone almost finish.I quickly try to hurry.''Shit!''.

''Eren,you done?Hmm?''.Y/n comes checking me up.This is really embarrassing.''Err...no Y/n.Can you help me?I kinda lost here''.I finally gave up and thicken my face to ask Y/n for help.Y/n smiles and nod.''Sure,why not?''.

She helps me undo the straps and put it back.She tighten the straps on my thighs and carefully put the sword sheath and the gas cylinder.'

''Done!''.She said and stand straight.''Thanks,Y/n''.I thanked her and pat her head as she is shorter than me.

What I did not expect is,she is blushing.'What,why did she blushed.That's a second today?'.She clears her throat and stuttering.''N-No problem''.She said and go to the start platform first.

I scratch my head and follow behind her.'Why did she didn't blush when I hug her,but blush when I pat her head??'.My mind continually thinking.

''Now cadets,You will enter this forest behind me and slaughter every cupboard titans you spot.The total titans are 100 and whoever kill the most and arrived to the end of this forest first,win.Understand,Cadets?!!''.Keith Shadis told the instruction and tell us to get ready.