Chapter 13 - Enjoying a bath together

The rest of the day flew by, she had lunch with the girls, and then more appointments, bills, and emails in the afternoon. At almost 7pm, Luna walked into her office.

"I'm leaving for the day," Luna said.

"Oh, look at the time. I have to get going too. Cain will be here soon," Jane said, sending her last email of the day and turning off her computer.

"Cain is picking you up?" Luna asked, as if she did not know what to do with that information.

"Yes, we're going out for dinner," Jane replied, picking up her coat and bag.

"That's nice."

"Please stop walking on eggshells around me," Jane said. She knew she was being harsh, but she could not stand it any longer.

"I'm not! I'm just glad you are taking some time to be with him, that's all."

"Right..."

"You can always talk to me, Jane."

"As long as I don't mention Alek or my feelings for him?"

"I didn't say that! I just want you to be happy."

"And Cain is the one who is going to make me happy, right? It must be so nice to know everything." Jane felt bad about the way she was talking to Luna, but she was tired of having her and her mom talking badly about Alek.

"That's for you to decide. I'm just saying you have been happy this last year, happier than I have ever seen you."

"That's not true and you know it! I was happier with Alek before the accident."

"And you have been miserable ever since," Luna said loudly.

"I don't need you to remind me of that."

"I know, I'm sorry! I just don't want you to make a decision based only on your past and remove Cain from the equation just because he is not Alek. But I meant what I said, you can always talk to me, even about Alek," Luna said in a quieter tone.

Jane hugged her best friend. "I know. And sorry for taking it out on you."

"No problem! Let's go now, we don't want to keep your man waiting."

They walked out together and said goodbye to everyone else on their way out. Parked in front of HG, Cain was waiting by the car with a bouquet of flowers in his hand and a cup of coffee.

"Evening ladies," he smiled. He gave the flowers and a kiss to Jane and then turned to Luna and gave her a cup of coffee and a kiss on the cheek. "For my coffee addict companion. I bought a fresh one for me and thought to bring you one too."

"Thanks, Cain! You are the best," Luna said, eyeing Jane as if to say, see he is wonderful!

"Don't mention it! Do you want us to drive you home?" Cain offered.

"No, you go ahead and get ready for your romantic dinner! I'll see you soon," Luna said with a smile and walked away from them.

"Shall we?" Cain asked Jane as he opened the door of the car for her.

"Yes, please. Thank you for the flowers, they are lovely," she smiled at him before getting in the car. "Hola Antonio, how are you?"

"All good, and you?"

"All good," Jane replied to Antonio, as Cain sat down next to her and Antonio drove them home.

"How was your day?" Cain asked, taking her hand.

"Long," she replied as she felt exhausted. "And yours?"

"Good! You should work less, you know?"